Question: Selling HDA2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-16-2008, 10:25 AM

Default Question: Selling HDA2

It was a great ride, but I think I'm going to sell my HDA2 and all my HDDVD titles and replace them with bbblu.

I really don't want to hassle of listing and shipping each title individually. How do you think selling a lot with the HDA2 and 63 HDDVD titles would fair here on the forum?

The titles that would be included would be: http://www.dvdspot.com/list.php?memb...ter=1933860114

I'd probably list it at $8.50/title, except for Heroes, which I would list at $25. The A2 I'd list for $50. Total of $602, plus shipping. I'd post this in the exchange forum, but I'm not selling yet. Just trying to gauge interest. Who'd be interested?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:48 AM

I think there is no way in a million years you'll get anything close to that, but go for it.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:20 PM

Agreed. You could get $300-350. But certainly not $600.

I really don't understand why people are selling HD DVDs and players that they already own at basement prices only to re-buy the same titles on Blu-ray at much higher prices.

That $300~ you'll get will be enough to buy around 15 Blu-rays.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centauri View Post
Agreed. You could get $300-350. But certainly not $600.

I really don't understand why people are selling HD DVDs and players that they already own at basement prices only to re-buy the same titles on Blu-ray at much higher prices.

That $300~ you'll get will be enough to buy around 15 Blu-rays.
Hmm. Yeah, I kind of thought so. Wanted to test the waters before I posted anything, though.

I know I'm not going to get anywhere close to recouping my money. But I don't want to have the extra player sitting around; I've still been enjoying my HDDVD's, but dont' want to buy a backup player for future continued enjoyment. So I figure I might as well just dump it now.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLogan13 View Post
Hmm. Yeah, I kind of thought so. Wanted to test the waters before I posted anything, though.

I know I'm not going to get anywhere close to recouping my money. But I don't want to have the extra player sitting around; I've still been enjoying my HDDVD's, but dont' want to buy a backup player for future continued enjoyment. So I figure I might as well just dump it now.
I would guess about half have decided to dump all things HD DVD and half decided to keep the movies and a couple of players. You are right to suggest a backup player is needed if you decide to hang on it all. Who knows what players in what condition will be available in a few years. I don't mind having a bunch of players sitting around and I purchased more movies after the format's impending disappearance became clear. I never expected the format to survive from the start and still bought in.

Chris
Old 09-16-2008, 02:16 PM

obviously the most irritating thing for a hardcore HD DVDer is that many HD DVD exclusives seem to be getting better releases on Blu now.
either new encodes or lossless audio, etc. etc.
I mean I guess I'm happy as a Blu fan also, but it's a real kick in the nuts to anybody who already forked out the cash for the HD DVD.
it is beginning to make me regret buying as many titles as I did.
fucking format war!
Old 09-16-2008, 02:37 PM

I was able to sell my A2 for $50 with no problem, but the movies are harder to sell.