Hd-A2 Question. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-19-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Hd-A2 Question.

Hi I'm a newbie here and I wanted to get your opinion on the HD-A2. I have a 360 HD add on already but am really intrested in getting the A2 standalone. But is there really a difference in PQ with a standalone via HDMI vs. the 360 component? I'm into PQ and wanted to get your thoughts to see if I should invest in the A2 since their really got some good deals right now for it. Thanks everyone...this is definatly a great forum for HD. -Gutz41
Old 04-19-2007, 01:47 PM

Some will say that you won't see much of a difference in PQ, I personally feel I can though. Where you will see the difference is in the upconversion of your SDVDs though. The Toshiba's make for excellent upconverting players in addition to their HD capabilities.

In addition, if you have a receiver that has HDMI inputs, or end up purchasing one in the future, you will then have access to the TrueHD tracks, which IMO, makes the movie experience that much greater.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:17 PM

Copy of my post in a few threads down

I upgraded from an add-on to the A2 and am very pleased. The two biggest things were audio and upconversion. The video in my mind looks better, but it's gonna be one of those "he said she said" things again. HDMI is digital, and with a digital tv and digital A2 it just makes more sense. I tell you, in my opinion, it's worth it!!
Old 04-19-2007, 02:28 PM

Gutz, I also think it depends on how big of a screen you're watching it on. I would say if you screen is over 40 inches then you should notice a difference.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:36 PM

Thanks a Ton for your input Bee and Iggy. You both make some great points.

DKNY: Ahhhh I see. yeah I have a 40inch Samsung Tv.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:40 PM

I have a 52" screen and my HD A2 looks fantastic on it.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:48 PM

A lot of people on here talk about getting benefits from having a receiver with HDMI inputs. After doing much research, shouldn't one distinguish between those HDMI receivers that can pass audio and video vs. the ones that cannot. This issue confused me for a long time. I have an A2 and I feel care should be taken to educate others. A lot of these "HDMI receivers" are not adequate if you have an A2. You have to be careful!