Toshiba Market presence in Sweden - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-18-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Toshiba Market presence in Sweden

Hi All
I'm not new to the forum, but i've now entered the frey as a poster.
I finaly have something i think is new to say.
After deciding on going witht the XE1. I went out to all of the main Eletrical consumer outlets to buy one. All i could find was Blu-ray.
So i asked myself why that is and did some investigating.

It seems that Samsung, among others have a huge presence in Sweden, while Tosh has next to nothing, not even in TV's music equipment etc...
So, i had to get my Tosh via Internet.

So, why is this, and how the hell do they exspect to get HD-dvd off the ground here?
Sweden is an innovative Land full of Beta testers and gadget freaks. We may have a small population, but we spend well over the average in the Home entertainment arena.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:21 PM

Same thing happened in Spain with the main store here only selling blu-ray, but recently other stores such as fnac, carrefour and mediamarkt started selling hd-dvd