A2 Remote Issue - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-09-2008, 02:05 PM

Default A2 Remote Issue

I bought an A2 just recently and up until yesterday things were fine. Now the player still works great, but the remote doesn't work at all. I was using the player to upscale some DVDs yesterday and everything was working fine, but last night I threw in a copy of Apocalypse Now Redux and the remote refused to work.
Is there any way to see if the remote is bad (I checked the batteries obviously) or if its the IR sensor on the player? Any chance Toshiba would replace the remote even though it was purchased used (actually on HD Digest)?

Any help is appreciated, this is my first stand alone player so I'm a little new to their workings. Up until about two weeks ago I'd been using the 360 Add-on.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Banned

Default is player working?

try rebooting player..if still ng..call toshiba..they have been good at replacing defective remotes
Old 08-09-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene9p View Post
try rebooting player..if still ng..call toshiba..they have been good at replacing defective remotes
Yeah I've rebooted it a few times, with a disk, without a disk, with dvd, with hd dvd...

What's the number to call for Toshiba? I don't really know the purchase history since I bought it used.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:34 PM

I posted this awhile ago.It worked for me so maybe give it a try.

http://remotes.com/store/help_deadremote.html
Old 08-09-2008, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck View Post
I posted this awhile ago.It worked for me so maybe give it a try.

http://remotes.com/store/help_deadremote.html
Didn't work for me
Old 08-09-2008, 11:22 PM

A harmony remote is a very nice thing to have. They can be found pretty reasonably on E-bay or Amazon. Sometimes there will be a deal on www.slickdeals.net like there was this week. They had the 880 for $88 dollars. It can control absolutely everything and it is super simple to setup and use. One button to turn everything on for an activity (like movies), and one button to turn everything off. Highly recommended.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:01 AM

Yeah if you can afford it jump on a harmony. Runs everything with downloadable info.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:43 PM

88 bucks is a bit much for a remote for me right now. I'm still in an apartment so it's not that big a deal for me to have the ultimate in home theater experiences... yet.
In a year or two when I have my own house on the other hand...

Any chance someone has the Toshiba phone number? I haven't had any luck finding it online.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Banned

Default go to toshiba

go to toshiba's website..get their phone number for support and tell them the remote broke..they will take care of you...
Old 08-13-2008, 06:18 PM

I had this same exact problem.

Look on the back and see when it was made... If it was made in like 2007 just say you bought it for 100 dollars in November from walmart.

Truth is I doubt its your remote, when I had this issue I had my remote plus a friends remote and still couldn't get it to work. It didn't work for weeks then one day my little brother came over and didn't know better and tried it out and it worked. I had already called Toshiba and they had given me a RA number and were ready for me to ship it back. I didnt ship it but now I am since now I am having a problem with it playing HD-DVDs it has to go back. It will play DVDs and CDs but not HDDVDS.

Best thing I would say is try Toshiba first... I wouldn't say you bought it used though. I don't have my receipt and they were still willing to talk to me.