LG's Blu-ray Player Streams Netflix Movies, Too - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-03-2008, 10:31 PM

Default LG's Blu-ray Player Streams Netflix Movies, Too

LG's Blu-ray Player Streams Netflix Movies, Too

Now we are talking. This is the type of machine we need every Blu-ray player to be like. I will probably get my family this for Christmas.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:09 AM

um, if you follow the link on that page, it takes you to the BH200 at Circuit City, which was released last December and has no Netflix streaming capability.

The BD300 is coming this fall and will play Blu-ray and be capable of streaming Netflix but there will be no HD DVD support: LG Announces First Blu-ray Disc Player With Capability to Instantly Stream Movies From Netflix to the TV
Old 08-04-2008, 09:59 AM

And have you ever watched one of those Netflix streamed movies? When I had Netflix I tried it once on my PC, and gave up after a few minutes - it was like watching a 6th generation VHS copy, shrunk down half size.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:17 PM

And have you ever watched one of those Netflix streamed movies? When I had Netflix I tried it once on my PC, and gave up after a few minutes - it was like watching a 6th generation VHS copy, shrunk down half size.

You must have had a slow connection. The Netflix player determines the quality level based upon the connection speed. I routinely stream Netflix movies through my XBox 360 to my Sony 55" SXRD television and the quality is at least equal to standard definition cable.

I find Netflix streaming great for television series, particularly comedies or other shows where the video quality is not critical for the viewer enjoyment.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk2 View Post
You must have had a slow connection. The Netflix player determines the quality level based upon the connection speed. I routinely stream Netflix movies through my XBox 360 to my Sony 55" SXRD television and the quality is at least equal to standard definition cable.

I find Netflix streaming great for television series, particularly comedies or other shows where the video quality is not critical for the viewer enjoyment.
That's good to know, thanks. Yeah, I live out in the boonies and 512k up & down via WiFi is about it.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:23 AM

i have watched netflix's streaming videos back when i had a subscription. they were decent but i didn't enjoy sitting at my computer watching movies at home when i could be lounging it on the couch or in bed watching VOD or my own video collection.

this one's great for netflix customers that want this kind of addition to their home theatre... but pointless for everybody else.