XA2 v1.5 -still having HDMI problems - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-14-2007, 01:10 PM

Angry XA2 v1.5 -still having HDMI problems

Hi,

I have the HD-XA2 and I love it. It's hooked up via HDMI to my Yamaha RX-V1700. I also have the ps3 and it has Zero problems.

But the XA2 starts up and doesn't "connect" to the receiver sometimes. I can leave everything alone, turn off the XA2, turn it on again (still no good), turn it off and on again (hey its works). It's just inconsistent. Weird and frustrating. I was hoping v1.5 would fix it but no luck.

Any one else having a similar problem?
Old 04-14-2007, 01:22 PM
Banned

I find that if I power up the XA2 first and then my reciever then the projector I do not have that problem anymore. I know we should not have to do this but HDMI is still pretty quirky.imo..................
Old 04-16-2007, 10:00 AM

Default At least it works!

Hey,

Thanks for the suggestion. So far, it works every time. I start the Toshiba, wait just a few seconds, then start the rest and viola!

I use the logitech harmony so it's kinda frustrating that the "one touch" startup won't work, but I don't mind. It's just frustrating explaining the sequence to the wife.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkeenan View Post
I use the logitech harmony so it's kinda frustrating that the "one touch" startup won't work, but I don't mind. It's just frustrating explaining the sequence to the wife.
I also have the Logitech Harmony (880) and I wish there was a way of changing the order the devices turned on....other than changing the delay response time, which I did. I can now go back to using "one touch" start-up.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:57 PM

^ I was just going to say that. You can adjust the delay and see if that will work using the 'one touch' startup.

Bee, do you have the 'timing' info?
Old 04-16-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU1CYFRU1T View Post
^ I was just going to say that. You can adjust the delay and see if that will work using the 'one touch' startup.

Bee, do you have the 'timing' info?
I don't have it on me right now, but if you troubleshoot your player and say it is not turning on, it will bring you to the delay input screen. I believe the default is 500 m/s (for my A1) and I changed it to 800 or 1000, or something like that.

Sorry that I'm guessing.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:21 PM

i have 2 monster m-1000 hdmi with the yamaha rx v661 and the xa2 v1.5 and i tried turning them on everywhich way and it works every time...i was lucky only needed 3 feet cables so it was only $150 each from there website...night and day picture and sound over the box hdmi cable...love it no more cable mess all in one.....
Old 04-22-2007, 10:07 AM

For what it is worth, I believe that HDMI handshaking is still in it's infancy and the chances of getting any two devices to talk flawlessly are about 50/50.

I have an Tosh XA2 connected directly to a Samsung LN-T4061F LCD via a 20 foot HDMI 1.3 cable and can power up either device in any order without problem.

Before I got this recent Samsung, I was worried because I read a great deal on the AVS forums regarding troubles with connectivity from PS3s via HDMI 1.3. Some could not get any handshake going at all! Others had better luck with short Series-2 rated HDMI cables.

I guess I was lucky with this combination.