HD DVD = Amazing - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-14-2007, 07:10 AM

Default HD DVD = Amazing

Well my Xbox 360 HD DVD attachment finally arrived today, as did my Batman Begins HD DVD. I expected a difference, and picture quality was clear, i expect i didnt have the unbelievable "wow" factor because ive been used too HD quality on Tv and games. But after watching my Batman Begings HD DVD, i decided to put in my SD Batman Begins and its jaw dropping...how disgusting it looked. I swear too you, i watched that movie 3 months ago on the same HD set and thought it was unbelievable picture quality. You truley can't appreciate the difference until u see the before and after. Great purchase is all, i cant go back now.

Also in the mail Harry Potter HD DVD and in may Matrix Trilogy.

Last edited by crazy05; 04-14-2007 at 07:13 AM.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:21 AM

cool man. i somehow got bored and found myself on the hd dvd boards but it's always good to hear someone very pleased with their new purchase .

The disc that always impressed me most on hd dvd was corpse bride.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:32 AM

Nice, welcome aboard. I have the add-on as well and love it.

I don't mind the fact that there is no lossless sound because my reciever is kinda old right now anyway. The xbox-add on is a great way to enjoy the HD DVDs now and then upgrade to a standalone in a year or so when prices come down even more and players get better.

Not sure if you've seen it but you should check out Serenity.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzparentl View Post
Nice, welcome aboard. I have the add-on as well and love it.

I don't mind the fact that there is no lossless sound because my reciever is kinda old right now anyway. The xbox-add on is a great way to enjoy the HD DVDs now and then upgrade to a standalone in a year or so when prices come down even more and players get better.

Not sure if you've seen it but you should check out Serenity.

Ya im definitely not an audio guy, jus realized that that my standard red/white plugs from xbox 360 dont give me the dolby digital lol. Yea i know its sad, always knew their was more too it, never really bothered until i got my hd dvd today, and decided too look into it. I have a home theater setup , but Ive had the standard anaolg audio plugs. I only today found out that hte xbox 360 component cable had and "optical cable" slot ,and my theater reciver had a "digital inn" outlet". So I put two and two together and checked up on it and order the "optical cable". Unfortuanely my front right speaker doesnt work, its the receivers problem, that plug in the reciver jus doesnt work. Is the optical cable and analog cable completely different sound effects? Serernity? Never saw it, ill look into it, im actually really interested too watch redick again.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy05 View Post
Is the optical cable and analog cable completely different sound effects?
The optical cable will carry up to 5.1 channels of digital sound in Dolby Digital.

The analog cables will only carry 2 channels of analog sound in stereo.

They're essentially the same "sound effects," but the optical is going to sound a trillion times better than the analog cables. Hope this helped!
Old 04-14-2007, 12:52 PM

Welcome to the WORLD OF HIGH DEF. It's very true...

once you go HD
you'll never watch Crap-py
again!!
Old 04-14-2007, 03:36 PM

When i got The Departed, I didn't think there was much of a difference until I swicthed it over and watched the SD version for comparison. AND WOW. I wouldn't have thought a movie like the Departed would benefit from HD, but i don't think i could go back to Standard Def again.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:46 AM

I just finished watching Harry Potter and The Goblet Of Fire, it was terrific. Im sure ill appreicate more when i see the SD version of it, and can compare with recent memory.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:42 AM

Word up. I can't stand watching SD DVDs anymore, although I will if I have to! Audio is kinda important to me though... But you can get fairly decent audio out of a $200 5.1 system (Sony makes a good one w/ speakers included. Upgrade the center channel though, for better vocal clarity), just in case you want to upgrade. But thats the bare-bones choice.

Last edited by BanthaPoodoo; 04-19-2007 at 01:41 PM.