HD-A2 and Playing CD's - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-12-2007, 12:02 PM

Default HD-A2 and Playing CD's

Anyone getting audio "dropout" or skipping when they play normal CDs? I have on every CD I put in. I have the 1.3 upgrade. For the first week, I had the player hooked up via optical only for sound as my receiver was older and didn't have any issues. Then I upgraded to and HDMI rec and hooked up the sound via HDMI (opt still hooked up as well), but now I get the dropout or skipping. And there's no rhyme or reason to the skipping like every 30s or whatever, just totally random.

I posted on AVS and go no replies. I've searched and can find nothing. Anyone else?

DVD's and HD-DVD's play perfect.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Firmware 1.5

Well, I just saw that Firmware 1.5 came out today, so I will try that when I get home. Hopefully...
Old 04-13-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobieck1 View Post
Well, I just saw that Firmware 1.5 came out today, so I will try that when I get home. Hopefully...
Well, upgrade today, no luck. CD's still skip.

Guess I'm in the minority as no one else here or on AVS posted about CD audio dropout.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Banned

I have had the same problem on my XA2 and the only way I could get around it was to run an optical from the XA2 to my CD input on the reciever. I still use HDMI for audio for my movies but I switch my reciever to the cd input to listen to music. Seems to work fine that way............
Old 04-14-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcarcio View Post
I have had the same problem on my XA2 and the only way I could get around it was to run an optical from the XA2 to my CD input on the reciever. I still use HDMI for audio for my movies but I switch my reciever to the cd input to listen to music. Seems to work fine that way............
So you think its the HDMI as well.

I have optical as well, I thought I tried that. I think I have my CD input set to the optical, but I will check again. So the player will send both signals simultaneously, and can just have the rec override the HDMI?
Old 04-14-2007, 01:13 PM
Banned

It works on my XA2 if the A2 is differant on this aspect I would not know.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Well its the player

Unhooked HDMI entirely, and still dropped out with optical. Hooked up my old DVD player and CD's work fine. Hopefully a firmware upgrade will fix it down the line.