Please help!!!!!!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-11-2007, 08:36 AM

Default Please help!!!!!!!

Please help!

I have a Toshiba HD-XA2 HD-DVD Player connected via HDMI to a Sony Bravia S series HDTV. The problem is that when playing HD DVDís the picture on the TV is lagging by around 1 second from the audio. So the audio is annoyingly out of sync with the picture.

I understand that this problem can be rectified with a modern 5.1 amplifier? The 5.1 amplifier I have is over 4 years old, so it doesnít seem to have any options that would allow me to slow delay the audio by a second or two.

Iíve owned DVD players before that have an option to delay the audio by milliseconds, but the HD-XA2 doesnít appear to.

Is there any other way around this problem? Help much appreciated!
Old 04-16-2007, 07:24 PM

Hi try hitting slow on your remote than play that worked on mine but its a ax1 good luck.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSpace View Post
Please help!

I have a Toshiba HD-XA2 HD-DVD Player connected via HDMI to a Sony Bravia S series HDTV. The problem is that when playing HD DVDís the picture on the TV is lagging by around 1 second from the audio. So the audio is annoyingly out of sync with the picture.

I understand that this problem can be rectified with a modern 5.1 amplifier? The 5.1 amplifier I have is over 4 years old, so it doesnít seem to have any options that would allow me to slow delay the audio by a second or two.

Iíve owned DVD players before that have an option to delay the audio by milliseconds, but the HD-XA2 doesnít appear to.

Is there any other way around this problem? Help much appreciated!
I have it connected to an Onkyo TX-SR604 and have had no lip sych problems. However, if you are looking to upgrade, I would wait until the new TX-SR605 comes out next month at about $399.00. My 604 is going into e-Bay as soon as that baby is available.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:51 PM

Silly question but have you tried using the component connection?