A30 time remaining OSD? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-19-2008, 07:25 PM

Default A30 time remaining OSD?

Is there a way to make the OSD display show time remaining rather than time elapased?
Old 06-20-2008, 08:28 AM

Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but (assuming the A30 functions the same as the A35), when you have the time displayed on the screen, if you look at the actual display on the player, it does show the time remaining. Might have been obvious to most people, but it took me a while to realize that it was there - I was always just looking at the screen!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:33 AM

No, this is a complaint I have had with the A30 from the beginning......there is only one way to get the time remaining...and that is the display on the player itself...you can't get it to show up on the TV screen.....and what is a pain is that while the remaining time is showing up on the unit itself...you have a list of disc attributes that shows up on the screen that can't be turned off as long as you have the remaining time showing up on the unit's display. I always had a preference of having my dvd player show remaining time on the unit....so I would know how much time the movie had left.

I had hoped a possible firmware upgrade might fix the percieved problem.....but I am not holding out much hope.