HD-XE1 picture freezes, audio continues - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-28-2008, 07:59 AM

Default HD-XE1 picture freezes, audio continues

Hi, I have a Toshiba HD-XE1 HD-DVD player that has a problem.
While watching a HD-DVD movie the picture freezes (like pressing the pause button) and the audio continues, the display on the player appears to be continuing. When you press stop on the player, the disc stops playing, but the picture remains frozen. You can not display setup menu, the picture is the frozen image only.

I have to power down the HD-XE1 and power it up.

This happens randomly, it may not happen watching a movie or it may happen several times during a movie.

I have cleaned the HD-DVD discs, because the freezes appear to be random I do not think it is the discs. And random discs.

Any suggestion. Will this need to be taken to a service centre.
Is there a firmware fix.

The HD-XE1 is connected to a Fujitsu 50" plasma via HDMI through a PS3 Joytech HDMI switch (HDMI 1.3 compliant) (the plasma only has 1 HDMI and I have an Oppo DVD Player as well).
Audio is connected via analog outputs to Yamaha 2500 AV Receiver. I am running 1080i.

Firmware is 2.8

Is there someone I could email, that may have a solution.

Thanks for any help
Wayne