Toshiba Rocks - Stands Behind Its Products! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-08-2008, 03:40 PM

Default Toshiba Rocks - Stands Behind Its Products!

I have to say that I for one am very pleased with Toshiba's continuing commitment so far to keep us HD DVD owners up and running.

I recently called in to their customer service center to cry about playback problems with certain Paramount titles on my XA2.

In one phone call, I was told to pack up my unit, ship it back to their center in Tennessee and that I would be promptly shipped a BRAND NEW PLAYER at no charge, and...this is even after my warranty period expired!

So, I packed up the player, it's in transit to their warehouse and am told by others on AVS that they too in fact got brand new units shipped from a Toshiba Distribution Center in Cerritos Calif. without a problem..

Who could complain about that level of service..I get a brand new player, a new warranty, a new remote, free shipping back to me, all courtesy of Toshiba.

Also, I noticed the A1 firmware updates just being released..I own one of those as well..

Question..Would Sony be so kind in defeat?

I know not everyone has had a great experience with Toshiba, but so far I am impressed.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:53 PM

I think overall Toshiba did very well hardwarewise for sure.
The problem is they fucking gave up too easily imo.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
I think overall Toshiba did very well hardwarewise for sure.
The problem is they fucking gave up too easily imo.
Man, so true...lame isn't it?

Blu ray certifiably is now just another fucking PS format period. I am so pissed I have to wait for the Panasonic player BD50 so I can finally stop using my PS3 thank you...But now I am more pissed Panasonic wants to sock to us with a ridiculous price!
Old 05-08-2008, 04:07 PM

yeah it's pretty pathetic.
I've been wondering what happened to Blurry and Spideybat, and a few other HD DVDers that used to post so much on here. I mean they just disappeared. pretty depressing.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
yeah it's pretty pathetic.
I've been wondering what happened to Blurry and Spideybat, and a few other HD DVDers that used to post so much on here. I mean they just disappeared. pretty depressing.
Off topic but I agree! They were great, I miss them too - and Blurry was even a mod... maybe another mod around here knows where they went?
Old 05-08-2008, 05:19 PM

I've seen Spideybat on another forum so he's still around.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:35 PM

well he needs to get his ass back here pronto!
he's got too many posts to just disappear because of a few lame posters.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:42 PM

That's great of Toshiba. Was your XA2 new or a refurbed unit?
I'm starting to notice a reluctant eject on my XA-2 at the moment, once the tray came out about a 1/4 of an inch. So I closed it and it then opened fine. Anyone else noticed this? Is it just a case of regreasing the mechanism or a more worrying problem?
Old 05-08-2008, 06:07 PM

Great news about your hardware experience for sure! and Toshiba did give up too soon! Too bad Warner and Fox zigged instead of zagged.

The future is Blu and we continue to wait..... and wait and wait!! When is the Blu future going to be upon us?
Old 05-08-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Macintosh View Post
That's great of Toshiba. Was your XA2 new or a refurbed unit?
I'm starting to notice a reluctant eject on my XA-2 at the moment, once the tray came out about a 1/4 of an inch. So I closed it and it then opened fine. Anyone else noticed this? Is it just a case of regreasing the mechanism or a more worrying problem?
Totally a brand new one. Not refurbished. New remote, etc. Brand new box..

Are you running v2.7 or v2.8?

--joe