Next Toshiba Firmware Ideas???? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-28-2007, 09:22 PM

Default Next Toshiba Firmware Ideas????

What should Toshiba do with the next firmware update? Does anyone have issues that they would like to see fixed that hasn't been yet? Any software additions?
I personally would like to see Toshiba bring back the option to change your menu screen colors/themes like the A1 had, also give the machine the option to change picture quality.....choices like Movie, Vivid....things like that and also be able to further adjust colors, sharpness, hues. Perhaps something like what the XA2 has?
Old 04-07-2007, 03:51 PM

Well they need to address the problems some have had playing Relentless Enemis , Children of Men and Good Shepherd
Old 04-07-2007, 03:58 PM

So, more playback issues obviously
Old 04-07-2007, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenmulder View Post
Well they need to address the problems some have had playing Relentless Enemis , Children of Men and Good Shepherd
As I understand it, few have problems playing those titles on the A1/XA1, but there are issues playing them on the Xbox add-on & A2/XA2? I didn't have any issues playing them on my XA1.

And then I've read that disks from the European company Pathe - notably "Enemy at the Gates" - don't play on the first generation players.

So, I'd say more standardization / compatibility between all the players. But, whatever updates they do, please do more extensive testings on different equipment. Maybe they should have a Beta enrollment plan in which owners could sign up to receive beta copies of new updates and test them out on different displays & receivers?

I had to revert back to FW 2.0 by disk after upgrading to 2.1 by internet. FW 2.1 made the HDMI>DVI connection on my display almost unusable.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
As I understand it, few have problems playing those titles on the A1/XA1, but there are issues playing them on the Xbox add-on & A2/XA2? I didn't have any issues playing them on my XA1.

And then I've read that disks from the European company Pathe - notably "Enemy at the Gates" - don't play on the first generation players.

So, I'd say more standardization / compatibility between all the players. But, whatever updates they do, please do more extensive testings on different equipment. Maybe they should have a Beta enrollment plan in which owners could sign up to receive beta copies of new updates and test them out on different displays & receivers?

I had to revert back to FW 2.0 by disk after upgrading to 2.1 by internet. FW 2.1 made the HDMI>DVI connection on my display almost unusable.
I agree this is only the beginning of compatability issues im sure anyway at least Toshiba knows what to do