Audio Question - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-12-2008, 03:05 AM

Default Audio Question

I have a question about the vocal quality on HD-DVD's vs Upconverted SD-DVD's. I have noticed on some of my HD-DVD's that the speaking sound is rather low compared to the rest of the sound in the movie. When I play a SD movie everything is fine. An example is this, the volume on my radio starts at 100 and goes down to presumable 1 (i've never taken it lower than 35 before), last week I watched Eastern Promises (HD). To hear the dialogue clearly I had to put the volume darn near 40. Tonight I watched There Will Be Blood and I could clearly hear everything with the volume setting in the mid 50's. On the HD movies the rest of the sound is just fine and I have to turn it down when it gets loud, it was really bad on Beowulf at times. Is this a product of my stereo? Its not a new one, its a few years old so its not connected with hdmi or anything. I do have optical cables though. If this made any sense (I have a hard time explaining electronics stuff sometimes) and you have a theory or flat out know whats wrong please let me know.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:32 AM

whut player do u have?

i know on my a35 theres an option in the settings to increase the dialoge sound automatically

not sure about other models tho...
Old 04-12-2008, 03:11 PM

I have an HD-A3