Saw first Toshiba HD DVD commercial - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-22-2007, 04:12 AM

Default Saw first Toshiba HD DVD commercial

First I'll say that this is the first commercial I have seen for any stand-alone high def player. They showed the HD-A2 and then some of the available movies... has anyone else seen it?
Old 03-22-2007, 10:38 AM

Yeah, the helicopter one right? It was a sweet commercial to see in high def with a surround sound because it utilizes that. Either way, it was refreshing to some some HD DVD advertising.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markman04 View Post
Yeah, the helicopter one right? It was a sweet commercial to see in high def with a surround sound because it utilizes that. Either way, it was refreshing to some some HD DVD advertising.

just sw this commercial with the helicopter...pretty good and about time!
Old 03-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Founding Member

I think in the commercials they should explain what HD-DVD is for the people who may not be sure. I also think they should use the term HD-DVD as much as possible. I think right now when people think HD movies, they think BD. At least the people I meet do. Sort of like when people call a Pocket PC a Palm Pilot (yes, still lots of those people around). Toshiba needs to educate the masses. But overall, I am also happy to see the ads. Been a lot on ESPN as well.