The petition spot More Studio Support for HD DVD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-07-2007, 12:59 PM

Default The petition spot More Studio Support for HD DVD

Has anyone visited the petition spot website and signed for more studio support .Also what are your guys opinions about this,do you think this will have an impact on the other studios,please post your thoughts.So far there are 4,895 signatures.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:50 PM

I doubt it. Think what matters is the sales data. If the HD DVD hardware base gets big enough then I can see them supporting it. I dont think Sony/MGM and Fox would support HD DVD in the coming future. I can see Disney though. Afterall they had a hand in iHD. Lionsgate in my opinion would be the first one to start releasing HD DVD out of them all, thats if HD DVD can get an audience big enough.

Last edited by timbobarry; 03-08-2007 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:29 PM

I have to agree with Timbobarry. I don't see any thing happening with the Studios until the Customer Base is near, Equal to, or Slightly higher than the BD Customer base (PS3 Included). Realistically Look at the sales on Amazon Yes BD Disc sales are high currently due to the 50% off sale but How many New Players are being sold with it? My Answer, Next to none. It's not a matter of Fence Sitters on the Format war jumping in and going for BD cause of the Cheap discs. It's just those that have players already (Most likey the PS3 crowd) seeing a Good deal and getting titles they were on the fence about getting. I don't see any changes until the players get down to a "Reasonable" price.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohgami View Post
I have to agree with Timbobarry. I don't see any thing happening with the Studios until the Customer Base is near, Equal to, or Slightly higher than the BD Customer base (PS3 Included). Realistically Look at the sales on Amazon Yes BD Disc sales are high currently due to the 50% off sale but How many New Players are being sold with it? My Answer, Next to none. It's not a matter of Fence Sitters on the Format war jumping in and going for BD cause of the Cheap discs. It's just those that have players already (Most likey the PS3 crowd) seeing a Good deal and getting titles they were on the fence about getting. I don't see any changes until the players get down to a "Reasonable" price.
What is your answer based on?

http://www.eproductwars.com/products...1719804604.cfm

The Amazon sales started on March 6th. The Amazon sales rank of PS3 Blu-ray remote controls rose from #44 to a peak of #17 after the sale started.

This to me is a sign that more PS3 owners started buying into Blu-ray thanks to this sale.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarakoMeshi View Post
What is your answer based on?

http://www.eproductwars.com/products...1719804604.cfm

The Amazon sales started on March 6th. The Amazon sales rank of PS3 Blu-ray remote controls rose from #44 to a peak of #17 after the sale started.

This to me is a sign that more PS3 owners started buying into Blu-ray thanks to this sale.
Thank you for Misquoting me.

Quote:
How many New Players are being sold with it?
PS3 Users would be an already existing user base Thus that would only serve to increase the attach rate of existing PS3 Users. Although it does look as if the Sammy has picked up some sales though. But the A2 and XA2 are still in the top 30. I will revise my "next to none" to "a few". Now next time remind yourself you're not in the Smackdown forum before you post.