What should I have the settings in the Audio Menu of the A2? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-05-2008, 05:26 PM

Default What should I have the settings in the Audio Menu of the A2?

Wondering how exactly I should have the settings set in the Audio menu to receive the best sound, my JVC receiver only has Dolby Digital and DTS. Im not sure i fully understand the downconversion of DTS to 1.5 or something? I have had my player for a while, but just want to make sure I have it set to get the best possible sound.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:21 PM

It depends on whether a) your receiver has an HDMI input and b) if your receiver can accept a PCM 5.1 signal.

If a and b are yes, then you want to set HDMI Out to Auto. If your receiver can only accept PCM stereo, then use the optical out on the player and set SPDIF Out to bitstream.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat00139 View Post
It depends on whether a) your receiver has an HDMI input and b) if your receiver can accept a PCM 5.1 signal.

If a and b are yes, then you want to set HDMI Out to Auto. If your receiver can only accept PCM stereo, then use the optical out on the player and set SPDIF Out to bitstream.
Well because he told us his receiver only accepts DD and DTS and JVC doesn't really have any HDMI receivers we can safely assume he has no HDMI ins on it. As such the bolded area is what he will want to do.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coaler View Post
Well because he told us his receiver only accepts DD and DTS and JVC doesn't really have any HDMI receivers we can safely assume he has no HDMI ins on it. As such the bolded area is what he will want to do.
Yes, you are correct, no HDMI on the JVC. I am running optical, so now I realized I do have it set up the proper way to receive the best audio that I can from my receiver.

Thanks everyone!