go back to previous firmware? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-04-2008, 06:56 PM

Default go back to previous firmware?

I am currently on 2.7 but my player keeps freezing during films and I think this has something to do with firmware and as 2.8 is not out in the UK yet i would like to get rid of all new firmware to see if this is where the problem lies
Old 02-04-2008, 07:27 PM

It is possible. It requires finding /downloading old firmware and rewriting with a Hex editor. It's not real hard to do, I did it and am in no way a expert.

I gotta go out right now, when I get back I'll try to find a good link with some instructions.

Of course I'm not sure that this is your problem, it very well could be.

P.S. What model player?
Old 02-04-2008, 10:59 PM

This may not be the answer to your problem. Reinitializing maybe more along the lines of what is it needed.

Anyway here are the links:

Use this information at your own risk!

AVS You can go back to older Firmwares
&
AVS Making Toshiba players region free.

These threads have a lot of good information about editing firmware. However I would not advise using the Region free hacks.