There's no way ejecting this slowly can be normal... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-30-2008, 11:11 PM

Default There's no way ejecting this slowly can be normal...

Picked up my A3 last week. Love it. Looks great, it's well built, upconversion is excellent.

But...

The damn thing takes *FOREVER* to eject, whether or not a disc is in.

I decided to time it; 35 seconds from the time I hit eject on the remote with the unit off to the time the tray actually opens. (The unit has been off since yesterday, BTW)

Is this normal? It is beyond frustrating.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:10 AM

Is this right when you turn it on, or after it's already been on a while? If it's as you're turning it on, that's normal -- annoying, but normal. These HDM players (BD too) have some hellacious boot times.