a-35 audio problems - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-29-2008, 05:34 PM

Default a-35 audio problems

My set up is the a-35 going to onkyo 805 reciever via hdmi..i also have the panasonic bd 30..both units are hooked up the exact same way yet the a-35 converts everything to pcm audio..every disc i tried playing(batman,bourne,topgun,300)does this..i have read people having problems with certain movies but i can't get a single one to play the true hd track..is there a way to fix this? i tried calling toshiba,but the guy on the phone was more clueless than i am...please help
Old 01-29-2008, 05:43 PM

In the player's Setup Menu, go to the Audio menu

Make sure you have Digital Out HDMI set to "Auto"

Make sure you have Digital Direct Audio Mode set to "On"
Old 01-29-2008, 06:33 PM

Mine does this sometimes. I have to stop the movie, go to settings and pick bitstream again and it fixes it. Strange
Old 01-29-2008, 06:57 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvblue22 View Post
My set up is the a-35 going to onkyo 805 reciever via hdmi..i also have the panasonic bd 30..both units are hooked up the exact same way yet the a-35 converts everything to pcm audio..every disc i tried playing(batman,bourne,topgun,300)does this..i have read people having problems with certain movies but i can't get a single one to play the true hd track..is there a way to fix this? i tried calling toshiba,but the guy on the phone was more clueless than i am...please help

I've had this issue myself. I have found that it helps to have your receiver on first (set to the correct input) and then power the A35. This assuming you have your settings properly configured.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:10 PM

thanks for all the feedback..its working now..funny thing is i didn't change a thing after like trying 10 different disks it just started working...another quick question i bought a new subwoffer cable a monster 600 series it comes with a splitter and i have 2 identical subswoofers, but my reciever (onkyo 805)only has one sub output.if i use this splitter would they both get the full signal or will i lose something from each...thanks again for the help
Old 01-29-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctornd View Post
I've had this issue myself. I have found that it helps to have your receiver on first (set to the correct input) and then power the A35. This assuming you have your settings properly configured.
I noticed that as well. I went to play my 360 and the DD was off, but when I select the receiver to that HDMI output before turning it on, it works fine.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:23 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvblue22 View Post
thanks for all the feedback..its working now..funny thing is i didn't change a thing after like trying 10 different disks it just started working...another quick question i bought a new subwoffer cable a monster 600 series it comes with a splitter and i have 2 identical subswoofers, but my reciever (onkyo 805)only has one sub output.if i use this splitter would they both get the full signal or will i lose something from each...thanks again for the help
I was using the same cable before with a splitter, but had them both going to the same sub. I have never split the signal between two subs, but you should not be losing anything.

Personally (just a suggestion), I would do the room calibration with only one sub. After the calibration, match the other sub in terms of the adjustment knobs (volume, phase, etc.). I assume you are using two subs for the additive effect. If you do the calibration with both subs on, the calibration will pick up the extra bass and lower your settings. Adding the second sub after the calibration will give you the additive effect you are looking for, in the frequencies you are looking for. Luckily you are using two identical subs. It would be a different story if you used two different subs.

Hope this helps.

As an FYI, normally I would not have addressed your question since it is off topic to the original post...however, it is your post. I suggest starting a new thread for a different question that way you will get better results in terms of responses specific to your question. People looking at threads may not think to answer in "a-35 audio problems" when they could help you in say "Splitting the sub output between two subs". I usually only reply to threads that catch my eye that I think I can help in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWoOKIE View Post
I noticed that as well. I went to play my 360 and the DD was off, but when I select the receiver to that HDMI output before turning it on, it works fine.
Funny thing HD DVD is, isn't it? I hate to say it, but this is one little annoyance I have with my A35 that I don't have with my PS3. Oh well.