4th Gen players: Will they be released?? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-25-2008, 06:31 PM

Default 4th Gen players: Will they be released??

After the Warner annoncement and the amount of momentum camp blu is gaining as a result...will Toshiba even bother releasing the next gen of hd dvd players??? I mean...they cancelled their CES showing, later Toshiba, Universal, and Paramount have made statements that they are stil sticking with hd dvd. However newer meatier release are coming few and far between. I know we have Beuwolf, American Gangster, and Bee movie to look forward to. But I want to see some future releases being annonced...like some classic Paramount and Universal films. Thoughts and opinions my red brethern???
Old 01-25-2008, 06:36 PM

At CEDIA....
Old 01-25-2008, 06:38 PM

I expect them to. They are in it for the long haul.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideybat View Post
I expect them to. They are in it for the long haul.
Hope you are right bat. I feel that hd dvd has so much still to offer and is only going to get better. But all the negative, ''writing on the wall'', ''hd dvd is dead'' type press camp red has been getting lately makes me a bit worried.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
Hope you are right bat. I feel that hd dvd has so much still to offer and is only going to get better. But all the negative, ''writing on the wall'', ''hd dvd is dead'' type press camp red has been getting lately makes me a bit worried.
You have to just ignore them. I do.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:15 PM
formerly "SpazMedicine"

G4 players will come at some point. But the "big, classic" releases likely won't (at least not in mass). Unless something catastrophic happens, Uni and Paramount will go Blu (by either being exclusive or dual) at some point and both studios know that. They're gonna save those big titles for that day.

I'm not a fanboy of either format, so nobody needs to attempt to discredit me. Clicking on my sig will show you that I own more red titles than most HD DVD heads.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:16 PM

Robert over at AVS have said that there are more players comming. He is a big seller of HD DVD so he is kindof a Toshiba insider.

My other post was make holding a baby, hence the shortness. LOL
Old 01-25-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx_75 View Post
Robert over at AVS have said that there are more players comming. He is a big seller of HD DVD so he is kindof a Toshiba insider.

My other post was make holding a baby, hence the shortness. LOL
That is a prety cool talent you have there. Holding a baby while you are posting...no doubt while getting hit by your wife because you were not paying full attention to the baby,lol. Unless you were lucky and she was not present. I could not do that. There would be a terrible, SMELLY accident all over the place,lol.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideybat View Post
You have to just ignore them. I do.
You, of course, are correct...as usual bat.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:13 PM

Don't count HD DVD out just yet!

Mark