a3 audio problems - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-22-2008, 11:34 PM

Default a3 audio problems

Hi ..this is my first post on these forums. I Can't seem to get the dolby true hd option to work on the a-3, i have the onkyo 875 reciever,no matter what i try it defaults to pcm..i also own the panasonic bd30 hooked up the same exact way(HDMI) that works flawlessly. Am i doing something wrong i didn't want to invest into a more expensive hd dvd unit until i see how the hd war turns out..thanks in advace for any help
Old 01-22-2008, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvblue22 View Post
Hi ..this is my first post on these forums. I Can't seem to get the dolby true hd option to work on the a-3, i have the onkyo 875 reciever,no matter what i try it defaults to pcm..i also own the panasonic bd30 hooked up the same exact way(HDMI) that works flawlessly. Am i doing something wrong i didn't want to invest into a more expensive hd dvd unit until i see how the hd war turns out..thanks in advace for any help
The A3 cannot bitstream the TrueHD track to your receiver for decoding. It can only decode it in the player and send PCM over the HDMI interface.

Only the XA2 and A35 can bitstream the high bit rate audio tracks to your receiver for decoding. Apparently bitstreaming high bit rate audio requires HDMI 1.3 which only the XA2 and A35 have.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:56 PM

sorry i am new to this..so does that mean i lose sound quality by sticking with the a3, i guess waht i am asking, is it still playing the true hd track