Xa1 Component Help - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-26-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Xa1 Component Help

I have a Sharp front screen projector and I have been using HDMI on my XA1 since last August when I bought it. The projector manual says that any 1080i input shows up as 540p on screen so I have been watching it at that input level. I wanted to try hooking up component video instead and already had a Pelican switch box my HD Cable Reciever was hooked into so I got some component cables and put the cable out of component on the machine into the Pelican switch box in a new input. I turn the input slot on and get no signal. Could anyone possible tell me why? I have tried everything and have made sure I use the V. Output on the remote to turn off the HDMI. My cable shows up using the same Pelican box in a different input as 1080i with no problem through component. Thanks for any help.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:37 AM

Try hooking up the Xa1 directly to the component inputs instead of the switchbox. If it works it could be possible the swithcbox is either not compatible or one of the ports is not working.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:18 AM

This may save you a-lot of problems-try buying an HDMI switch-it's the best thing I have done-so both take advantage of HDMI.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Everything is fine now.. Thanks for the help

I appriciate all the help but just so you know here is what happened and why I hate these companies some days. I finally pulled out the switch box completely and took a look at the back. The front is numbered 1-8 and the back is numbered 1-8 in completely the opposite direction as the front!!!!
So when I thought I had the HD DVD player in number two in the front I really had it plugged into number seven in the back. I cant believe some of this stuff but at least now I have component 1080i. Thanks again for the help.