Banned xbox 360 HD DVD issues - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-19-2008, 10:26 PM

Angry Banned xbox 360 HD DVD issues

Okay guy's, my 360 was banned from live about 2 months ago. Now, I cannot connect to the internet what so ever, so that means I cannot access my web enabled extra's on any of my HD DVD's. Now, I am super pissed! Any way around this? I really don't care about live, but I would love to be able to connect to access the extra content of my HD DVD's. Thanks.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:29 PM

Lol, you have to do QUITE a big thing to get banned from Xbox Live for more than a week...trust me.

And for that reason alone, I have no sympathy for you whatsoever
Old 01-19-2008, 10:38 PM

I would say create another account with a new 360, return it for another.

and be nice lol... you either got banned because you deserved it or a bunch of people in the same room all typed it in the same complaint, which also helps moves things along.

I have never been banned or had any complaints. i mainly play solo now, im giving mp a rest.

but yea man those are your options, how long are you banned?

I would invest in a standalone hd player as they are cheap nowadays.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:57 PM

It's not is XBox Live Account that was banned. It's his XBox 360 Hardware that was banned. The only reason an XBox 360 gets banned is when you do modifications (Flash DVD Drive etc.). The only way to get around this is to buy a new console.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:08 PM

or he could wipe his hard drive and get a new id.. or be a man and wait it out
Old 01-19-2008, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deth crimsonx View Post
or he could wipe his hard drive and get a new id.. or be a man and wait it out
Wiping his hard-drive won't work, getting a new hard-drive won't work...nothing will work, except of course buying a new system and a new IP Address.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:53 PM

Pretty much the only reason you were banned, was because you modded (flashed) your Drive...since this happened two months ago (around the same time the ban-hammer dropped)...

So that being said, you will probably get no sympathy from anyone here, as your console ID was banned. The only way to get around this is to purchase a new 360.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:06 AM

Yeah but isn't this kind of ummm .... must be breaking some law on MS's side as they created the HD DVD drive for the 360 and when a disk doesn't work, they will be the first to say "You'll need to download new firmware"

But if they've banned a user from their service then they can't do that and sometimes updates are required.

Sure he's done something baaaaad but with peripherals that NEED updates, can MS really take away full access to the net? Isn't that a breach of consumer rights when it comes to the HD DVD peripheral?
Old 01-20-2008, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satans Puppet View Post
Yeah but isn't this kind of ummm .... must be breaking some law on MS's side as they created the HD DVD drive for the 360 and when a disk doesn't work, they will be the first to say "You'll need to download new firmware"

But if they've banned a user from their service then they can't do that and sometimes updates are required.

Sure he's done something baaaaad but with peripherals that NEED updates, can MS really take away full access to the net? Isn't that a breach of consumer rights when it comes to the HD DVD peripheral?
Well thats why you sign the TOS agreement. Banning from Xbox live and the net in general maybe two different things altogether, but when you agree to the TOS and then break it. I think your SOL, as far as getting your console to connect to the net.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:40 AM

Yeah but when the TOS was created the HD-DVD player wasn't in the mix. It requires net access for firmware upgrades unless MS has put the upgrades on a website or something.

Without any availible way to upgrade unless through xbox live, surely they're infringing on the OP's rights as a HD DVD enthusiast.

Perhaps they should offer Bump down to updates only access to live... don't know what the Silver Membership does but it don't appear to do much.

I don't think anyone should be banned from live completely but the Gaming side maybe if that's the way they want to go to punish modders and abusive knobs