HDMI Cables! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-24-2007, 01:06 PM

Default HDMI Cables!

Hi everyone, I have a QED QUNEX hdmi cable which is a good cable, but does anyone think its worth up grading to another cable to use with my Toshiba HD-E1?

What's the best one around?

Sean.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:50 PM

I thought they were all the same but some with pumped-up prices. I could be wrong. I kind of trust Monster to "shield" the cables better than others. Anyone?
Old 02-24-2007, 02:40 PM

I just purchased a HDMI Cable from Monoprice the cable is the 'HDMI cable (24AWG) w/ net'. I had heard people say good things about Monoprice and I needed another HDMI cable so I decided to give them a shot.

This is a beautiful cable (wow I'm a nerd) it matches my Monster Z2 Reference speaker cables with the black netting. It's very thick and has gold ends. It's a 24AWG cord so I trust it's quality.

I am using this as the sole cable from my Denon 2307 to my TV. Everything is transfered perfectly. My PS3 set to 1080p is perfectly sharp and my component video being sent over the HDMI is haze free. Highly recommended and it's a fair price.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMRSX View Post
I just purchased a HDMI Cable from Monoprice the cable is the 'HDMI cable (24AWG) w/ net'. I had heard people say good things about Monoprice and I needed another HDMI cable so I decided to give them a shot.

This is a beautiful cable (wow I'm a nerd) it matches my Monster Z2 Reference speaker cables with the black netting. It's very thick and has gold ends. It's a 24AWG cord so I trust it's quality.

I am using this as the sole cable from my Denon 2307 to my TV. Everything is transfered perfectly. My PS3 set to 1080p is perfectly sharp and my component video being sent over the HDMI is haze free. Highly recommended and it's a fair price.
Where'd you purchase the Monoprice cables?
Old 02-24-2007, 05:36 PM

http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...d=10240&style=

YW
Old 02-25-2007, 09:42 AM

The relatively flimsy HDMI cable that came with my HD-A1 has worked perfectly for 10 months at this point. Digital is digital people - it works or it don't.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:05 PM

I was turned on to monoprice by a lot of posts over at AVS. I own a lot of cables from Monster, Audioquest, and Acoustic Research.

Going forward I will probably buy all my cables from monoprice.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal Reynolds View Post
The relatively flimsy HDMI cable that came with my HD-A1 has worked perfectly for 10 months at this point. Digital is digital people - it works or it don't.
This is 100% correct, and that is why going to monoprice, and buying a 6 foot HDMI cable for ~$5 is a great idea. Especially when the number of HDMI equiped devices is going through the roof.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:01 PM

Paying full price for Monster HDMI cables is totally insane but they can be had for much less. I recently got one for $15.50 and another for $20.49 on e-Bay. The funny thing is that they are supposed to be cables for the PS3. I guess a lot of people are returning the cables as these are open box items. I don't know if its allowed, if it isn't excuse me moderators, the e-Bay store is called "Trading Circuit" and they have dozens of them for auction. Look for it and if you are patient and persistent you will find a deal.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal Reynolds View Post
Yep, the HDMI cable that came with my XA1 is still in use and has always worked perfectly, with an HDMI>DVI adapter for the HDCP compliant DVI input on my HDTV.

But, now it's connected to a Monoprice 2 port HDMI switch so I could add the HDMI output of my Dish network HD receiver, and then a monoprice HDMI>DVI cable to my dsiplay.