Anyone received their Phaser from Paramount & Toshiba yet? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-12-2008, 07:19 PM

Default Anyone received their Phaser from Paramount & Toshiba yet?

I sent my offer in a couple days after Star Trek : Remastered release and have not seen my Phaser yet. Anybody receive their Phaser Remote yet?
Old 01-12-2008, 07:58 PM

Word is that they're delayed while they outfit them as real phasers in order to arm HD DVD fans for the next battle in the format war.

Stun? WTF? Set to kill!
Old 01-13-2008, 06:22 AM

i havent received mine yet. Think it was 6-8 weeks. The check for Shipping and handling has already cleared probably receive sometime in february...
Old 01-13-2008, 10:49 AM

The claim form says to allow 10-12 weeks processing (it is in really small print, but that's what it says).

I mailed mine on 12/18 so I'm not looking for it until March sometime.

Mark
Old 01-13-2008, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFrugge View Post
Word is that they're delayed while they outfit them as real phasers in order to arm HD DVD fans for the next battle in the format war.

Stun? WTF? Set to kill!
HAHAHA, that's one way to do it - make this a "hot" war.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Booth View Post
The claim form says to allow 10-12 weeks processing (it is in really small print, but that's what it says).

I mailed mine on 12/18 so I'm not looking for it until March sometime.

Mark
I sent mine off Christmas day….. So March 11-25 for me, I suppose…. I keep looking to see if the check has cleared, but it hasn’t yet You better not get the last one before me!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:11 PM

Wh00t! They just cashed the check! What do you think, 2-4 more weeks???
Old 01-19-2008, 08:49 AM

Hi,

Did people try to get both the phaser and 5 free HD-DVD's and if so, what did you do in regards to the UPC label on the HD A35 box? DId you send a photocopy of the label to Paramount, did you cut the label in half and mail a half to each of the two companies? I'm particulary interested in what Sinime has to say since your check cleared.

Thanks.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by videomax View Post
Hi,

Did people try to get both the phaser and 5 free HD-DVD's and if so, what did you do in regards to the UPC label on the HD A35 box? DId you send a photocopy of the label to Paramount, did you cut the label in half and mail a half to each of the two companies? I'm particulary interested in what Sinime has to say since your check cleared.

Thanks.
I don't want to lead you down the wrong path, but I noticed something after looking back at the scan I made of the UPC that was sent off for the remote....

There are actually 2 sets of barcodes for the UPC and Serial number. Now I'm not sure, so you might want to try and call someone, but it looks as if you could cut the top set for the five free movies and use the bottom set for the phaser. I'm not sure though. I took it for granted that you could only send off for one or the other and chose the phaser.

Here is a scan so you can see what I'm talking about... I put a red border over each section that makes it look like you could send off for both with one player, but again this is just speculation...

I wish we had a phone number or some way of confirming if you can send off for both!

Sorry about that, just blocked out the serial number because I'm a paranoid tard [-X
Old 02-15-2008, 04:17 PM

Mailed mine on 12/18 and it was waiting on my doorstep this afternoon. Nearly broke it 5 minutes after opening it...

It looks nice, but also feels kind of delicate. There are sound effects when you use it. Feels way too small.

The name 'KNG America' is all over the manual. I haven't programmed it yet, but it will cover DVD as well as your TV and HD DVD player. (There are only 3 device buttons.) It is not pre-programmed for the Toshiba player, so you have to figure out which code is needed. (It might be possible that it will control a BD player, but I haven't had time to experiment yet...)