Problem with A3: Standby to Power on lockup - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-12-2008, 02:18 PM

Default Problem with A3: Standby to Power on lockup

Hi Guys, i am having this issue with my A3. Rather randomly, when powering the A3 on, it locks up while displaying "Welcome" in the display. I get no signal to my tv, nothing. I cannot power it down, nor open the tray, nothing! I have to unplug the power cord and re plug it.

After re plugging, it will boot up fine for about 2, 3 maybe 4 times, but then again, it locks up and have to unplug.

It has the latest FW installed, and when it does boot up, everything works great.

Just FYI i cannot take it back to get a replacement, i bought it in a BB in Miami and i live about 4000 miles away.

Any ideas? or users with the same problem???

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:36 PM

Isn't there another BestBuy around? You don't have to take it back to the same store...

Have you tried leaving it unplugged for an extended period of time? If it's a solid problem, you'll probably have to contact Toshiba.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:32 PM

Bill thanks for your answer. The thing is i live in Argentina, so that is why i can not take it back!! I left it disconnected for about 4 days, and now i can not reproduce the problem. I hope it stays this way.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:03 PM

Argentina? Okay, that makes sense...

Glad to hear you can't reproduce it. I bought the Sharp Blu-ray player last week, and it froze on my 15 minutes into 'CE3K' and lost all sound. After a reset, it never happened again.