How to get in-movie access with HD-A1 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-21-2007, 02:38 PM

Default How to get in-movie access with HD-A1

Could someone tell me how to access the menu while watching the movie at the same time. When I hit the "menu" or "top menu" button the movie stops and takes me back to the main menu screen, allowing me to start the movie over of select a specific scene. I want to be able to select a scene while the movie is playing. Also, how do you resume playback with an HD DVD after you hit the stop button?
Old 02-23-2007, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick2006 View Post
Could someone tell me how to access the menu while watching the movie at the same time. When I hit the "menu" or "top menu" button the movie stops and takes me back to the main menu screen, allowing me to start the movie over of select a specific scene. I want to be able to select a scene while the movie is playing. Also, how do you resume playback with an HD DVD after you hit the stop button?
I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, but are you sure you're watching an HD DVD and not the DVD side of it (if it's a combo)? I've never had a similar problem with the A1 when pressing the menu button, the lower-third menu pops up and the movie continues to play.

I would try to re-create the problem on my own unit but I'm not at home at the moment so I can't for now. Maybe someone else who has access to their player can help you out.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:36 AM

Which movie are we talking about? Most HD DVDs will automatically pop up an in movie menu when you hit the menu button. As Pat pointed out, regular DVDs will behave like regular DVDs.