So how much do you think the 360 add ons are worth now? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-11-2008, 05:12 AM

Default So how much do you think the 360 add ons are worth now?

No honestly...

Do you think its worth will drop like a rock to making it become completely worthless once the format is 100% and non-existant in the market? The reason I ask this is (even though I sold mine too a week ago...a lot of my buds are telling me it was stupid and a knee jerk reaction...I dont know was it?).

Im not going to lie I do miss it now because I cant enjoy HD movies for cheap. But I could always pick up another one cheap as a ton of people have been unloading them, if I did this do you think I would be making a mistake? Maybe the same mistake over again? A lot of owners of the 360 add on still love it and feel theyres absolutely no need to get rid of theres even after the news.

I dont know, was my very sudden reaction of me selling mine the day after I hear the news a knee jerk reaction? Will I "really" honestly deep down be stuck with a brick (not in terms of function but worth) come summer time? ...or sooner...

Also another thing I need to state is, IF I do decide to pick up another HD add on for cheap...I wouldnt buy any movies for it (until stores blow em out for cheap), till then I will only rent from Blockbuster. And hopefully by summer time or Xmas 08, 2.0 Bluray standalones will be out and all the kinks are worked out and a lot more affordable.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:20 AM

And he is back.

Ladies and gentlemen, your bet money then. It seems to be I've won.

Actually there weren't that much people dumb enough to sell their player out of hesitation. You were certainly the first one in this forums and there weren't much to follow (I've counted 3).

Don't think you'll get the HD-DVD addon so cheap in the nearer future. Your only bet would be Microsoft dropping the prices.

And before you ask: Yes, you have to listen my (and probably some others) harsh statements. You weren't behaving that fine too after you got your Blu-Ray player ("I thought it is that good? Why do you come back then?" will probably be the first questions you get from other users.)
Old 01-11-2008, 05:26 AM

SweetBrown nice jab.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:31 AM
Special Member

Thread moved to hardware.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx123 View Post
And he is back.

Ladies and gentlemen, your bet money then. It seems to be I've won.

Actually there weren't that much people dumb enough to sell their player out of hesitation. You were certainly the first one in this forums and there weren't much to follow (I've counted 3).

Don't think you'll get the HD-DVD addon so cheap in the nearer future. Your only bet would be Microsoft dropping the prices.

And before you ask: Yes, you have to listen my (and probably some others) harsh statements. You weren't behaving that fine too after you got your Blu-Ray player ("I thought it is that good? Why do you come back then?" will probably be the first questions you get from other users.)
I never got a Blu-ray player (I was close), personally Im not sold on the technology yet. I watched a few blurays at my friends place the other night and meh it was alright but nothing that HD DVD cant match. Maybe later, but as it stands right now Im not all that eagar in becoming an early bird anymore.

Besides I found a local seller unloading his add on for $80, so you can definitely find these players cheap. Obviously I would prefer the A3 over the add on but Im not willing to fork out $250CDN for it right now, where I can just pick up an add on for a cheap stop gap.

I however, do not regret unloading my entire collection of 50 HD movies (I was going to trim them down sooner or later anyways). Its the fact I gave up my luxury and privilege of watching HD movies that I miss.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:55 AM

Then what the hell are you waiting for? If you can afford it buy it. 80$ is damn cheap.

I don't know why you really ask if it's worth this. Have you ever used your HD-DVD equipment before selling it? If yes you should know if HD-DVD is in your taste.

Believe it or not: It hasn't really changed that much since last week. That's the point with living on earth: time runs slow.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:08 AM

I will be picking up the add on again and buying a few movies - then its renting 100% for now, till stores blow em out at liquidation prices.

I feel like a complete moron, exactly one week ago I told my bro in law I ditched HD DVD and sold the player and now look...hes going to wonder why I still have it
Old 01-11-2008, 08:00 AM

I don't care how much the add-on is worth, it only cost 120 and i've had plenty of use out of it.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:02 PM

Shit, is this thread for real? I don't even know what to say.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
Shit, is this thread for real? I don't even know what to say.
Why? I plan on enjoying my HD DVDs for many years to come. As to the OP, just over $100 on eBay the last couple of days. If I can pick one up for around $80, I'll pick one up - it will be great to be able to play HD DVD at my PC.