Times Running Out!!! Will you keep or return your new HD DVD Player? - High-Def Digest Forums
View Poll Results: What will you do with your newly purchsed HD DVD player?
I am a HD DVD die hard and chose to keep it! 64 62.75%
I will return my HD DVD player for Blu Ray or HD DVD / Blu Ray Combo even though they are pricey. 5 4.90%
Return my HD DVD player for store credit and wait to see what happens 4 3.92%
Keeping my HD DVD player and plan to purchase a Blu Ray when prices come down. 26 25.49%
HD DVD - Blu Ray?? Eh, Digital Downloads is the wave of the future! 3 2.94%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2008, 10:47 PM

Default Times Running Out!!! Will you keep or return your new HD DVD Player?

I got my a3 for Christmas and most retail stores extened the return policy for the holidays. Still have decided what to do and am wondering what others are doing.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:28 PM

I have an A2 that I purchased last Spring and am keeping it! I am a dual format supporter, so I enjoy having both.

I just cannot believe most of the people on here who are actually dumping all there HD DVD media and players. Who knows how long it will take the movie companies to put out the films that were HD DVD only on BR. There is no way that I am not going to watch them anymore because the format folded.

I will probably of course buy more films on Blu Ray now, but any firesale on HD DVD media and Im all over it!!
Old 01-10-2008, 12:07 AM

I should send the results to WB, FOX, UNieversal and Paramount 80% of HD DVD owners are keeping with it!!! Awesome till you see 5 people voted. But nah.. studios don't look at numbers.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorataz View Post
I should send the results to WB, FOX, UNieversal and Paramount 80% of HD DVD owners are keeping with it!!! Awesome till you see 5 people voted. But nah.. studios don't look at numbers.
That's actually because those guys ready to give their HD-DVD players and software back have run off after we insulted that we would hunt them and eat them afterwards
Old 01-10-2008, 01:48 AM

i will never let my 360 add on go and i plan on buying a toshiba play in a couple of months and a regza 1080p at the end of the year
Old 01-10-2008, 02:13 AM

You would have to pry my A35 and A3 out of my cold dead hands!

Even if I were to go purple, I would still hold on to my babies.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:14 AM

I just got an A35 in Nov. Don't regret buying it in the least. But this is my 2nd player. All of the combo Universal films wouldn't be out for a long while even if they do switch. If later on my players quit and I can't get a replacement I can still watch them in SD or give them to family and replace on Blu if they come out (I'm talking a few years down the road scenario).

If you just bought it and it's your 1st player and you only have a couple of movies, then do what you feel most comfortable with. Don't let anyone talk you into returning or keeping it. It's your choice.

I'm going to enjoy mine until it breaks.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:29 AM

Doesn't make any sense to me to get rid of my A2. If something is available on both formats, I buy Blu now (used to buy HD DVD). Besides, there is still too much exclusive content. If everything moves to BD, I'll probably buy doubles and move my A2 to a different room. That is the good thing about HD DVD; you could get into it for next to nothing ($100 brand new).
Old 01-10-2008, 02:44 AM

keep it. HD DVD is still the better format
Old 01-10-2008, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightDT View Post
keep it. HD DVD is still the better format
Yep. Followed by HD VMD. Heck HD VMD will even get The Lord Of The Rings and The Golden Compass.

I'd say: If HD-DVD dies or not: The future is supposed to be red nontheless (may it be HD-DVD or HD VMD.)