Problem with 360 HDDVD addon and Mr. Bean's Holiday... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-05-2008, 02:15 PM

Default Problem with 360 HDDVD addon and Mr. Bean's Holiday...

I got this movie for christmas (combo format) and it played up until a certain scene then would constantly skip. I took it (HDDVD) back and got another one and now this one just says "disc can not be read" only on the HDDVD side. It won't load up or anything on the HDDVD side. I tried the 300 Combo HDDVD and that worked fine. Does anyone know what I can do? I don't have any other problems with HDDVDs.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:20 PM

It sounds silly, but try this with your disc: run it under hot water.

I've read this piece of advice a bunch of times, and finally had to do it myself last weekend when my copy of Anchorman wouldn't even start up. Don't scrub the disc surface when you wipe the water off. Once you know it's completely dry, see if it plays. Maybe blow-drying it will help with that.

Apparently, there is some kind of coating that doesn't come off properly at the plant and this hot water trick fixes that problem.

You have nothing to lose by trying.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:41 PM

Well, I'll try this as long as it won't mess it up.