Does anybody else have this problem? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-04-2008, 12:10 PM

Default Does anybody else have this problem?

I have an A2 and have it connected to my surround via optical cable and to the TV with and HDMI. I've noticed that on some discs that i play the video will be slightly ahead of the audio (or vice versa i can't really think at the moment) it seems like one signal is getting to the output source faster than the other. Has anybody else had this problem? And is there an easy way to fix it such as going with components instead of HDMI or getting a switcher to convert the optical into a coax(my thinking is that maybe one signal travels slower throught he cable thatn the other)? The only thing i've tried so far is hooking up the optical going from the TV instead of right from the [email protected] into the receiver but you get a pretty crappy sound that way. Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-04-2008, 01:33 PM

It's called a lip sync issue. See if your reciever has a delay that you can set to compensate for it.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:30 AM

thanks! That did the trick. I just have to remember to switch it back when i go to play a regular dvd.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancini316 View Post
thanks! That did the trick. I just have to remember to switch it back when i go to play a regular dvd.
Once in a great while certain disks will do this on my A20. I usually shut the player off and start it again then the lip sync issue goes away.

HTH,
Mark