My A3 went Kerplunk - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-02-2008, 12:42 PM

Default My A3 went Kerplunk

I got an A3 from Best Buy in November. Christmas night while watching BattleStar Galactica it stopped responding. If you hit stop it kept playing same with pause. I was unable to eject the disc and then error messages popped up. I spent 30 minutes getting the disc out after always stopping at the welcome screen. I called Toshiba and I had to send it in. I am disappointed that i had to pay to ship the thing back but I better get it back soon.

At least I have an A2 still.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgraham34 View Post
I got an A3 from Best Buy in November. Christmas night while watching BattleStar Galactica it stopped responding. If you hit stop it kept playing same with pause. I was unable to eject the disc and then error messages popped up. I spent 30 minutes getting the disc out after always stopping at the welcome screen. I called Toshiba and I had to send it in. I am disappointed that i had to pay to ship the thing back but I better get it back soon.

At least I have an A2 still.
Did you try any of the obvious fixes (firmware upgrade/initialize/clear persistent storage/wash the disc) before deciding to send it in for repairs?
Old 01-02-2008, 02:08 PM

I tried them all. Just would not respond. After a while I could not even get it to read the firmware disc.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:09 PM

I hope mine doesn't have to be shipped back to toshiba...got mine from bestbuy as well for $199...it froze once with Bourne Ultimatum and I had it boot up without the network connection...
Old 01-02-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameguru1360 View Post
I hope mine doesn't have to be shipped back to toshiba...got mine from bestbuy as well for $199...it froze once with Bourne Ultimatum and I had it boot up without the network connection...

You had to boot up without network connection?

I can never get through Bourne Ultimatum and I tried everything, even exchanged my disc for a new 1. But it's only that movie, everything else plays flawlessly.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:59 PM

well I did notice that it froze at a couple spots, but I thought maybe that was because of the dual layer in the hd dvd. maybe it would be fine if I had connected the cat5 cable to it....or if I tried re-initializing