Help with Dolby True HD setup with HD-XA2 & Onkyo TX-DS989 for 5.1 Analog Surround. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-01-2008, 07:37 PM

Default Help with Dolby True HD setup with HD-XA2 & Onkyo TX-DS989 for 5.1 Analog Surround.

Hello All,
I am the proud owner of a HD-XA2 and can't get enough of the unit. Even though I had been a proud owner of the XBox 360 HD DVD player add on, I still felt like a young boy opening present's on Christmas morning when I finally got to play my first HD DVD on the HD-XA2. Now that I have played with it for a bit, I want to finally finish setting up the rest of the wonderful features that this unit has to offer. I can't seem to get the Dolby True HD going, even though I have a receiver that will accept the 5.1 ch surround setup. Everything is wired up right, but I don't seem to be getting the center channel going. I do hear like a ghost sound coming from the center channel, but no full discrete sound. Does anybody know how the 5.1 ch surround setup is done without using the HDMI, or does anybody have a similar setup like mine. Please help.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:05 PM

sorry dude but u cant get dolby truehd or dts master hd without using hdmi cables
Old 01-01-2008, 09:00 PM

Read this part and then the whole review. It very educational. Let us know what you decide to do in the end for your system. Enjoy.

http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/hrevi...207.html#audio
Old 01-01-2008, 09:37 PM
analog/digital audio expert

Guys, I think you misread it. Gabriel doesn't have the HDMI capability, so he's looking for analog, but he's having trouble with center channel.

The analog IS fine for TrueHD. I use this myself, though I do have an HDMI 1.3/True HD on the way. To troubleshoot, just follow the setup directions in the manual for 5.1 analog out. Note: While some advocate setting speakers to small, I found the bass had more robust output with them set to large.

If your center channel still has "ghost" output and you followed the setup, it's possible you have a bad cable, or some issue with the setup on your receiver (like the gain is too low on the center channel?). I don't know your receiver, so it's hard to comment on how much control it allows over analog levels, etc, but you may look into that.

Good luck.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post
Guys, I think you misread it. Gabriel doesn't have the HDMI capability, so he's looking for analog, but he's having trouble with center channel.

The analog IS fine for TrueHD. I use this myself, though I do have an HDMI 1.3/True HD on the way. To troubleshoot, just follow the setup directions in the manual for 5.1 analog out. Note: While some advocate setting speakers to small, I found the bass had more robust output with them set to large.

If your center channel still has "ghost" output and you followed the setup, it's possible you have a bad cable, or some issue with the setup on your receiver (like the gain is too low on the center channel?). I don't know your receiver, so it's hard to comment on how much control it allows over analog levels, etc, but you may look into that.

Good luck.
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/hrevi...207.html#audio

I second that. Check the above link, the reviewers setup comments on what speaker settings to try. It is not clear from the receivers readings, but you can tell what is better just by listening closely.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:34 AM

Default Epson

Hi, I jsut bought the Epson 6400 1080 projector, manuel says after shutting down the lamp, too turn off the toggle switch??? yes or no? also anyone who does not have a projector ie 106" screen is a loser!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

Good luck.