HD-A30 trouble connecting to the Internet - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-30-2007, 10:22 AM

Default HD-A30 trouble connecting to the Internet

I just bought the HD-A30 on Friday and have been wracking my brain trying to get it to connect to the Web. I have my Ethernet cable plugged into the LAN port on the back of the player. I went to setup and confirmed my DHCP and DNS, and I set the NTP server to on. My "proxy" setting is set to "off". I have tried downloading a firmware update, but all that happened was that my screen went black. I thought maybe it was updating but just not showing anything, so I left it alone for several hours, came back, and the screen was still black.

Can someone help me troubleshoot this? Thank you so much!

Also, is the A30 supposed to come with a user's manual? Because I did not receive one and cannot find it at Toshiba.com.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:37 AM

It'll saying "updating" on the player if it's actually updating lol

Did you turn off the player after you finished messing around with the setup? Worked for my friend
Old 12-30-2007, 10:47 AM

Heh; the best way for a problem to fix itself is to complain about it. I don't know what I did differently but the player is now updating (I didn't even turn it off. I just reset all the settings and set them back up without touching anything else). Thanks, though, for your reply, Pouyan!
Old 01-21-2008, 12:42 PM

I have an A30 and the screen goes blank than i get a message saying "can not find out server". I have tried everything you have said and I have also tried different cables but it still won't work.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:46 PM

well i have the dns on and the dhcp on and then clicked confim found the ip addresses i then turned it off and then back on went to maitnance and then i tried to update then i got a screen saying you have the current firmware mine came with the new 1.3/1.1 firmware and i bought mine on sunday so far ive watched 4 movies in a row 300, the kingdom, The Island(uk import) and Eastern promises and have no issues yet