DTS-HD High Resolution Issue - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-28-2007, 01:32 AM

Default DTS-HD High Resolution Issue

Ok, so as you must know, the HD-A2 cannot decode internally or even output DTS-HD High Resolution, but isnt it supposed to (according to the manual) output 5.1 CH DTS [email protected]??? I think what is happening is, my player is decoding it and outputing it as 2CH LPCM, even though 5.1 CH are popping up on my receiver, an Elite VSX-82TXS. Its really strange.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:05 AM

Your probably right about the player decoding it. I dont think its 2 CH LPCM, it is 5.1. The PS3 does the same thing with all the Fox releases but I turn off PCM so that the receiver will decode the 1.5mbps core. Your getting the 1.5mbps through PCM but as I've learned since buying an A35 is that audio sounds better when the receiver decodes it (if you have one that decodes the new hi res bitstreams). Universal's & Paramount's Dolby Digital Plus tracks are now sounding like uncompressed PCM tracks, seems so much fuller now.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbobarry View Post
Your probably right about the player decoding it. I dont think its 2 CH LPCM, it is 5.1. The PS3 does the same thing with all the Fox releases but I turn off PCM so that the receiver will decode the 1.5mbps core. Your getting the 1.5mbps through PCM but as I've learned since buying an A35 is that audio sounds better when the receiver decodes it (if you have one that decodes the new hi res bitstreams). Universal's & Paramount's Dolby Digital Plus tracks are now sounding like uncompressed PCM tracks, seems so much fuller now.
Whats even more strange is, there is now surround or center channel activity. Only from FL and FR. And the HD-DVD player indicator says DTS on the front but my receiver says LPCM.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:23 AM

Turn off PCM on the player so that your receiver can decode the core, see what it does.