Toshiba HD-A3 Problem - Stuck on Welcome Screen - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-27-2007, 02:01 AM

Unhappy Toshiba HD-A3 Problem - Stuck on Welcome Screen

Hello All:

I really need some help. I have searched for this problem in the forums and could not find a solution. I have also updated my firmware to the latest version via the ethernet port. Here is the situation. I have a Toshiba HD-A3 and have owned it for a approximately one month. This problem just started happening out of the blue. It did not take place right after the firmware upgrade, which was successful, but just at a random time.

When I turn on the A3, it gets frozen on the welcome screen. There is no output on the HDTV. Also, when I try to eject the disc that is currently in the player, there is no response from the player. I have waited up to 45 minutes to see if the A3 is still booting up. After waiting for that long, I still try to eject the disc and to see if there is output on the TV, in which there is none. I usually have to unplug the player and wait for approximately five minutes, and after I do that, there is output and I can eject my disc. There is no set patter to it, but it usually happens one-half to three-quarters of the time I turn it on. Does anyone have an idea what could be possibly wrong? Has anyone experienced this problem or has known someone with this problem before?

I do not know what else to do, except for to contact Toshiba for information. I have already sent in my UPC code from my box, so there goes returning the darn thing. Thanks for the help in advanced.

Sincerely,

A Frustrated HD-A3 Owner (AutoK20A3)
Old 12-27-2007, 03:18 AM

Go to Setup menu, then Maintenance, then select initialize. Tell me if this works. All settings will go back to manufactured specs and memory will be cleared. Firmware update will still stay. If this doesn't help, send back to Toshiba.