Big problem with net-config on A35 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-26-2007, 08:51 AM

Default Big problem with net-config on A35

Hello you all, I hope you have had marry christmas

Well, I have now a problem since some days.
I own a A35, and everything worked well with the firmware 1.3. But now since a few days I cant get a connection to the internet anymore. I tested it also here by my parents, buts the same problem:

When I'm turning on DHCP (also for DNS), the player gets an IP and the subnetmask, but in the fields for the default gateway and the DNS server there are allways "0.0.0.0"! So I have no chance to get a connection. When I configure the player for my own (static ip and so on), it doesn't work.

It seems that my player have now a problem with the def.gateway and the dns, and I really don't know why. I have also reinitialized the player some times, but it didn't help me.

That anyone have heard about this kind of problem with an hd dvd player before? Else I will call the support tomorrow

PS. Else the player works still great
Old 12-26-2007, 09:18 AM

Do you have a router/switch?
Old 12-26-2007, 09:26 AM

Yes (both). And it worked until last week very well. My parents have a dsl-modem with a dhcp server, which workes well with an pc or an xbox 360...
Old 12-26-2007, 10:08 AM

I had a problem like this with my A30 .. no matter what I did it would populate all fields except the default gateway.. I just manually entered everything (instead of using DHCP) and it worked like a charm ..

Crowley
Old 12-26-2007, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
I had a problem like this with my A30 .. no matter what I did it would populate all fields except the default gateway.. I just manually entered everything (instead of using DHCP) and it worked like a charm ..

Crowley
I'm happy that it worked for you, but I checked this possibility already out, and it didn't work for me
Old 12-26-2007, 10:06 PM

Okay, can someone walk me through this. I've tried downloading the firmware to cd but the player will not recognize the disc, I have the same problems as infopex trying the cable router.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:45 AM

The firmware is an ISO file - an "image" of a complete CD. Burning an ISO image file to a CD is different than making a music or data CD - you don't just drag the file onto the CD like you would for adding mp3 or data files. I use Nero, and in Nero you just do File, Open from the menu, select the ISO file, and Nero recognizes it as a complete CD ready to burn. Check your burning software's manual for Help file for how to burn an ISO image. Also, for some reason, you have better results selecting the lowest possible burn speed.

As for connecting the player to the internet, turning DHCP and DNS both on should work. Click Confirm and then OK, and go back to the main menu, then back to back to DHCP to see if the IP addresses showed up - sometimes it takes a minute. If that doesn't work, disconnect the power from the modem for 30 seconds & then power up - leaving the player connected the whole time. Connecting a player to a router is better as routers are designed to immediately recognize a new device connected to them and give them the IP addresses. Sometimes modems don't recognize a new device is connected and ignore the device's IP requests.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:32 PM

I phoned today with the Toshiba support, and I will bring my player tomorrow for a check, and maybe a replacement to Toshiba.

They said me, it's possible that the net-interface has an falure... I will tell you more tomorrow, when I spoke with an technician.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:04 PM

Ok, just a short update:

I was yesterday at Toshiba, and it seems that my player needs to be replaced. But I have to wait until the 3th Januar because the depot was already closed. But all the emloyees were really friendly, and I also got some HD DVD stickers .

Today I bought a new film, and because I'm at my parent's and my player is at Toshiba, we just bought a new HD DVD player for my parents

I wish you all a good new year