A3 Update Error? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-25-2007, 01:05 PM

Default A3 Update Error?

I'm doing the ethernet update and I think there was an error, or something. On the display it says "10004050". It's been like that for an hour or so. But on the screen it says, "Updating. Please do not turn off."

Anyone know whats wrong. I heard it takes like 30 minutes for the update but its been the exact same for an hour, as of writing this.

Thanks.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:16 PM
Formerly peterhefer1

Just read on another forum that code is network connection Stalled? can't verify that though officially , I've never tried the update with ethernet becouse of the fear of losing my connection might screw something up. Using Nero burn's the cd image perfect. I updated mine last night and alway's fear those word's that if update isn't complete before reseting the machine your' player need's to go to a service center.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:23 PM

So what do you think I should do?
Old 12-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Formerly peterhefer1

actually the good new's from doing a quick search is that you should be able to reset the player by holding down the power button? so someone said, since the software is in download mode it hasn't begin the install process. Here's the link that other people have been experiencing with the code. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=932890
Old 12-25-2007, 01:25 PM

I've been having a problem burning to CD. I put it in the player and it says it can't read the CDs and it only read DVDs. Why?
Old 12-25-2007, 01:26 PM

Its probably a incomplete download error.

An incomplete download isn't a problem as it will be restarted when you get the connection back up.

The firmware download is stored in memory until its complete, then the player does a checksum verification of the disc image or the Internet download before it goes to the re flashes the memory stage.

That would be when a power off would be bad, between the stage when the old firmware is gone and being overwrite and the new firmware is complete.

Just be patient and give plenty of time for the process to complete itself.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXVirusXx View Post
I've been having a problem burning to CD. I put it in the player and it says it can't read the CDs and it only read DVDs. Why?
Try reburning the ISO imge at a lower speed like 4x and have your burning program do a verifcation. Make sure you use a new CD-R (not a DVD-R)
Old 12-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Formerly peterhefer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXVirusXx View Post
I use sony 52x CD-R disc's for the image with Nero express, I select 16x instead which is the lowest it will allow ( for some reason, probably the disc) and it's worked fine with the player for the last two update's I've done.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:37 AM

You can try these fixes

Try burning the ISO image if you continuously have an issue with downloading. You may also want to use your computer for a moment as your ISP might be breaking the

connection to your modem and if you say refresh a web page you may keep a stable connection.

Say if you have stalled download, unplug the cable ( or use another one ) and user your web browser to go to another web page. You ISP may be timing out the

connection. Then plug the cable back into the HD DVD player ( better if you a second cable)

INITIALIZE is the answer if the firmware seems to upgrade properly but you still have an issue.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:42 AM

It sounds like you are not burning the ISO properly. With Nero Espress you want to select BURN AN IMAGE, when the next window pops up select to view ISO files and chose the one you unzipped in the saved folder. Now burn at 8x on a CD-R and you should be ready to rock. Hope this helps.