Please Help!! HD-A2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-22-2007, 03:00 AM

Default Please Help!! HD-A2

Please help with this, I'm freaking out that my player is broken. Here's the situation:

I fell asleep watching a disc from the first season of Lost on SD (I'm catching back up to the third season again). When I woke up, I realized the player had frozen on the menu screen.

Nothing I did could stop or turn off the player, including hitting any of the stop or menu buttons or holding down the power button. Finally, I had no choice but to unplug the unit.

Now, after plugging it back in, it powers on normally, but instead of displaying correctly, all I get is green snow on the screen. I have disconnected and reconnected the HDMI, powered down multiple times, both normally and by holding down the button, etc.

It appears to be reading both SD and HD DVD correctly, but it only continues to output green snow. I can't even view the setup menu or anything.

Please help!! What can I do to fix this?
Old 12-22-2007, 09:44 AM

The only thing I can think of is maybe the HDMI output got switched off during the re-set. Try connecting a composite video cable (the yellow RCA jack cable) to your TV and go into the player's Setup menus to check settings.

If you can't see anything but "green snow" via composite video, your player is probably fried. But, if you have a component cable set (the red, green, blue cables), try them as well.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:56 PM

Thanks, I ended up getting it back early this morning. I posted this at 2 am when I woke up and discovered the problem. After messing with it and posting this, I tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't sleep.

It seemed to be an HDMI issue, but I still don't know if what I did fixed it, or if it was just a fluke.

I unplugged the TV, the HDMI cable from both the player and the TV, and then I unplugged the player. I waited a few minutes, then, I plugged in the TV again, then hooked up the player via HDMI, then plugged in the player and turned it on. When it came back on again, it worked and the green snow was gone. So now I can stop freaking out, thank God!