A2 True HD Work? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-21-2007, 11:08 AM

Default A2 True HD Work?

Does the A-2 play TrueHD- everytime i try it the audio is lower than DD, on hd-dvd's like if i was watching bourne 3 and switch back to DD the audio is louder, is that because a2 cannot do true hd sound? or is that a receiver restriction>?
Old 12-21-2007, 11:21 AM

First of all - make sure Dialog Enhancement is off. There have been some issue with using it and True HD.

True HD is encoded at a lower sound level, that's why it is quieter. If you notice a volume drop then you are getting True HD. Just turn up the volume. On the soundtracks I have listened to I tend to crank it about 5-10db more than the normal audio track. It varies for each disc.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:27 AM

I have dialog enhan- on, because if its off transfomers volume is so low using DD+ is not normal, when i turn dialog on it sounds bitchin

So i guess i have to switch that tv feature each time then,
Old 12-21-2007, 01:47 PM

Anybody know why DD+- only sounds good with diag enhance- on and other feature on, for the tv? If i leave it like that and play a true HD volume is super low. It was suggested that i turn them off to hear it better, but with off the DD+ is low volume, not sure if true HD would be better or not, ill try tonight, when i get back.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:50 PM

BTW: The new lossless formats like TrueHD have to sound lower. That's pretty normal. If you wan't the "Full Base Attack" DD maybe better for you.

Lossless audio means anything but "Big screaming bangs and booms" or something like that. Lossless audio is all about clearity and noise clear natural sounding.

Think about a soft and slowly wind passing by. On DD it may sound like "Pffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttt!!" but on True HD it's more like a soft "psssss."

I hope you understand what I mean. Very difficult to imagine this properly I know.