My newest HD-DVD HomeCinema update - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-17-2007, 02:39 PM

Default My newest HD-DVD HomeCinema update

Hi,

this thread is for everyone who wants to show his/her newest update in HD-DVD HomeCinema technology.

My newest update: Ordered one of the last AMD Athlon FX-62 "Windsor" AM2 CPUs (which are pretty good I think as they are produced in my homecity )

Will be a great HD-DVD performance boost
above my AMD Athlon 64 3200+ "Venice"

The next big thing I'll buy is a 52inch Samsung M8 and/or a CRT Projektor.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx123 View Post
Hi,

this thread is for everyone who wants to show his/her newest update in HD-DVD HomeCinema technology.

My newest update: Ordered one of the last AMD Athlon FX-62 "Windsor" AM2 CPUs (which are pretty good I think as they are produced in my homecity )

Will be a great HD-DVD performance boost
above my AMD Athlon 64 3200+ "Venice"

The next big thing I'll buy is a 52inch Samsung M8 and/or a CRT Projektor.
awesome, newegg has the processor for 169.00 with free 3 day shipping. bought this processor about 2 months ago. replaced my old FX-57 with it. i love it.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:58 AM

Oh man. I didn't look for Newegg.

But ok, I suppose I wouldn't get it cheaper that way because they certainly won't ship to good ole Europe for free.

BTW: Do you by any way own an VC1 encoded Movie? How does it play with the FX-62? The last time I watched a HD-DVD was in February (it was my birthday and I got the HD-DVD Player I was looking for so long ). Constantine HD (which is VC1 encoded) however was a judderfest and I got a lot of artefakting/pixelating (especially in darker scenes).
Old 12-18-2007, 08:32 PM

i haven't got a drive yet for my pc. i may eventually get one once they're reasonably priced. the problem you ran into could be the video card you were using wasn't capable of HD. i'm running two Radeon HD 3870's and i know they're capable of displaying HD. i have powerDVD ultra, just need a drive.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:39 AM

No,

wasn't a video problem.

Actually it were 2 problems:

1. CPU was too slow.

2. The first HD-DVD/Blu-Ray enabled PowerDVD Ultra version wasn't capable of using the GPU acceleration properly so I had to shut this option off else I would get a error message and PowerDVD would crash.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:14 PM

Ok guys,

I've gone through hell for over an hour now. But after that a hour (and certainly much to near on an infarct) I've bought one of the finest CRT Projectors you can think of. A Barco Graphics 1208 with a maximum resolution of 2500x2000 (I can't think of anything to use this resolution at the moment). The only downdraw over another projector I was looking at was the much higher pricing and that it won't support component signals. But hey, I've nearly one year left for my private student fund to swell again (enough time to get nearly 3500$ with just working lesser than halftime)
and the missing component is also no problem as my Gamecube is the PAL Pearl White (so no component out) and my XBOX will also live with the RGB connection (don't really have games with 720p or 1080i/p).

PS: I think I will get a job as paperboy (no, really) to get some 100 bucks more. There's a very positive thing in working as a paperboy: My motorcycle will live much longer as the near Engine parts don't have enough time to freeze that hard on all this cold out there (0C the whole day isn't good at all ).

Last edited by Blinx123; 12-19-2007 at 08:39 PM.