Question: HD-A3 Eject - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-16-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Question: HD-A3 Eject

I am sure this is similar to the behavior of at least some of the other Toshiba Models.

Is there a way in which I can hit the EJECT button and the device actually respond in a timely manner? It is maddening to wait what seems to be an eternity, but is probably closer to 30 seconds for the machine to boot when I hit EJECT and the power is off. Other times, when the machine is booted, it is somewhat faster, but still unacceptably slow.

The machine is for the playback only of media. What is the excuse for hitting that button and not getting an immediate response?

I would be willing to even try someone's hacked firmware to fix this issue.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Formerly peterhefer1

From what I understand the machine is like a small computer, thing's need to load (i.e. software) before certain operations can take place. I agree that my A3 is the same, however I find the load time managable as I don't leave discs in the player and usually start the power up before I go for a disc from the shelve. My PS3 is much quicker for disc eject but still takes time to load so it's really a toss up. Future firmware may speed up loading time .
Old 12-17-2007, 12:19 AM

Load time I understand. It is too slow, but whatever- my slowest PC boots faster.

Eject time- I fail to understand. Why is it necessary to boot the machine in order to present me the tray. No other media player or computer I have ever owned does not eject within (at the most) 2-3 seconds.

I don't leave media in my Toshiba either- so when I go to the unit to put something in, if I have not powered it on beforehand, I don't understand not popping the tray out on hitting the button.