How My HD-A35 Is Doing So Far - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-16-2007, 06:22 AM

Default How My HD-A35 Is Doing So Far

Hey all, I just wanted you to know that so far, besides the Chicago and Earth Wind and Fire concert HD-DVD, I watched Anchorman and that played just fine! Then I played Patch Adams. About 1 hr and 3 min in, it flickered really quick from black then back into the scene. Just like a one second thing. I was fearing it would be another error message. I followed the firmware update instructions to the letter! So I hope even with the latest firmware it wont give me an error like my last HD-A35 did a couple months ago. And for all of you who tell me to re-initialize after the firmware in case an error comes up anyway, I just want to let you all know I did that already. I wanted to make sure all the proper steps were done to eliminate as many variables as I can before an error happens. Hopefully the next HD-DVD I try wont give me an error message since I already updated the firmware to the latest out so far. And just to make sure also, I'll try one of those whom people have been having problems with like Transformers or something. I still have it and haven't opened it. Probably gonna wait til I have a day off to watch it. Anyway, thanks all for your support and help!
Old 12-16-2007, 07:01 AM

I'm gonna be ordering one of these next week I believe. I'm just gonna sell off my 5 free titles with my A2.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:32 AM

you shoudnt have put in that disc of Chicago and Earth Wind and Fire that probably made your HD DVD throw up in itself, thus the error messages :P
Old 12-17-2007, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by numnuts77 View Post
you shoudnt have put in that disc of Chicago and Earth Wind and Fire that probably made your HD DVD throw up in itself, thus the error messages :P
Hey hey hey Chicago and Earth, Wind, & Fire are two of the greatest music acts that ever existed in my opinion. Even though it wasn't the best concert they put together it was still very good. What you dont know is that the last movie that made my last HD-A35 crash a couple months ago was first "The Matrix Revolutions" and then "Alexander Revisited". With both of those movies giving me that stupid error message, I thought "Eh, forget it." but at the time I didn't know anything about updating firmware. My purpose behind putting this post up is that Im letting people now that I updated my firmware exactly as instructed and also that since some people are still experiencing problems after uploading firmware, I'm keeping everyone updated on this too. You all have shown to be my friends in this matter. So I'll let you all know everything bad that goes on since I'll just annoy you with the good.