Transformers Problem....... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-16-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Transformers Problem.......

So I have the HDDVD add on for the 360 and recently updated to the fall 07 update and with that came a problem. Before the update Transformers worked fine and now all I get is an error code that the player can not play the content on the disk. NOTE: All of me other HDDVDs work fine still. I contacted Microsoft and was told basically to bad. I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem and if so was there a fix that you some how got? This whole situation is really pi$$ing me off and there seems to be no help out there.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:27 AM

i ran into a similar problem when the matrix trilogy came out, for some reason the update bricked the transformers,

try reseting the cookies on the hd player, delete any files on the hd players including the install, re install the disc, pop in transformers, if that dont work play another updated title u have if that works call microsoft tell them u want to speak with a supervisor,make sure he speaks english!!!!!! tell him or her ur problem they will send you a box or you ship one, and call them every week making sure they received the hd player and also track your packages.

I waited 2 months for my hd player, they sent me a game and free controller for me waiting longer than usual.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:28 AM

Another thing you could do is turn off the network access on the add-on. Sure you can't use online features but all your movies will play. Careful of the online features on Transformers, it bricked my xbox.

Weird how my add-on can play all HD-DVDs with no problems, but the internet access doesn't work so well. Yet the internet works great on my A3 but I have problems playing some HD-DVDs. But I don't know if the A3 was damaged when UPS shipped it to me. The shipping box looked as if it had been dropped off a cliff.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:49 PM

Ok now the NOB question..... How do I delete the cookies and the install of the HDDVD add-on? Also how do I stop the add on from using the network? I know those are two DUMB questions but I really don't know. Also when you say to call M$ and ask for a sup. should I ask for a replacement unit? Thanks for the help.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiahpreston View Post
Ok now the NOB question..... How do I delete the cookies and the install of the HDDVD add-on? Also how do I stop the add on from using the network? I know those are two DUMB questions but I really don't know. Also when you say to call M$ and ask for a sup. should I ask for a replacement unit? Thanks for the help.
These really aren't dumb questions. MSFT was dumb not to include a manual that covers this stuff, or at least advertise these functions. Geez, makes me wonder if MSFT wants to win this thing. They also don't advertise how great of a media box this is, streaming all types of media (network or MP3/camera, etc.), media center, and downloadable movies and TV shows.

Now to address your question:
Go to memory, highlight the HD-DVD player, press Y, then delete all content. Pop in a non web enabled HD-DVD, then either press B on the controller or display on the remote. Make sure you are in the advanced section, then select "HD-DVD network settings," and uncheck 'Enable web access."

Also from this menu you can select many other setting that pertain to the HD-DVD add on. One thing I would try is changing the "Digital Audio Settings', see what sounds best to you: Dolby Stereo, Dolby 5.1, DTS, or WMA. For me WMA sounds the best but make sure your receiver can decode it. I do have some problems with WMA sometimes, so DTS seems to work the best and sounds great as well.

Last edited by Z22_Z33; 12-16-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z22_Z33 View Post
These really aren't dumb questions. MSFT was dumb not to include a manual that covers this stuff, or at least advertise these functions. Geez, makes me wonder if MSFT wants to win this thing. They also don't advertise how great of a media box this is, streaming all types of media (network or MP3/camera, etc.), media center, and downloadable movies and TV shows.

Now to address your question:
Go to memory, highlight the HD-DVD player, press Y, then delete all content. Pop in a non web enabled HD-DVD, then either press B on the controller or display on the remote. Make sure you are in the advanced section, then select "HD-DVD network settings," and uncheck 'Enable web access."

Also from this menu you can select many other setting that pertain to the HD-DVD add on. One thing I would try is changing the "Digital Audio Settings', see what sounds best to you: Dolby Stereo, Dolby 5.1, DTS, or WMA. For me WMA sounds the best but make sure your receiver can decode it. I do have some problems with WMA sometimes, so DTS seems to work the best and sounds great as well.

Thanks, your suggestion fixed the problem!