Please tell me how to find the thread where I can learn how to update my firmware. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-10-2007, 03:46 AM

Default Please tell me how to find the thread where I can learn how to update my firmware.

Hi all,

I'm thinking of giving the HD-DVD player another shot. So I'm gonna order the HD-A35 from Circuit City.com. Can someone find the post where I can learn how to update my firmware because it's the only way I can watch movies with the least likeliness of it giving me one of those stupid error messages again. Or anyone can just tell me how here. And to answer another question, NO, I WILL NOT HAVE ETHERNET ACCESS NOR AN ETHERNET PORT ANYWHERE NEAR THE MACHINE ONCE IT'S HOOKED UP. So please let me know how I can find out how to update it. It's stupid we have to do that once it's out of the box but please let me know. It's the only way I can get to watch my favorite movies and stuff that's exclusively only for the HD-DVD format. Thanks!
Old 12-10-2007, 04:05 AM

Hello AznNintendoFan1!

I just bought last week a A35 to, and I'm very happy with this player .

I thing here shoud be a guide (also for using an iso-image) how to update a HD DVD player:
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=27151

I hope this helps...
Old 12-10-2007, 12:26 PM

AznNintendoFan,

Another very easy thing is if you call up Toshiba, let them know your model number and they send it out to you. I received mine in 5 days after calling. Once you've done that once, you're added to a list and they send you the disc automatically once there is new updates.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:24 AM
Special Member

Moved to hardware.