HD-A2 frame-by-frame advance - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-15-2007, 04:28 PM

Default HD-A2 frame-by-frame advance

Hi everyone,

Iíve got a quick question regarding HD-A2 that I have purchased recently. Whenever I try to view a HD DVD disk frame-by-frame pressing the II> button on my remote, it produces no result - the image remains frozen in the pause mode. However, it works normally when regular DVD is being played. So, I do not know if it is a norm this model or there is something wrong with my player or/and remote. Please advice. Thank you very much.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:02 AM

there's no frame-by-frame function on the hd-a2, only the "slow" feature (1/2, 1/4, or 1/8 speed).
Old 11-16-2007, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD-enthusiast View Post
Hi everyone,

Iíve got a quick question regarding HD-A2 that I have purchased recently. Whenever I try to view a HD DVD disk frame-by-frame pressing the II> button on my remote, it produces no result - the image remains frozen in the pause mode. However, it works normally when regular DVD is being played. So, I do not know if it is a norm this model or there is something wrong with my player or/and remote. Please advice. Thank you very much.
There are several features that will work on a regular DVD that aren't available on an HD DVD. Resume play is another one. I believe this is documented in the manual. (It is for my A30). I'm actually quite puzzled why some features would work for a standard DVD but not be "active" for an HD DVD.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:36 AM

The resume play feature is the only one that I'm disappointed with. I can't fathom why they couldn't have that option for HD DVDs