Need help with the Xbox 360 HD DVD drive - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-15-2007, 06:19 AM

Default Need help with the Xbox 360 HD DVD drive

Ok, so I just got the Xbox 360 HD DVD drive for a friend because he has been hesitant about getting into high def stuff, even though he has an HD TV. I have one of these HD DVD drives as well, and mine works perfectly fine.

He can't figure out how to make it work though, and I have given all the advice I can think of, so I am asking on here to see if there is something we may have missed.

Assuming he has everything plugged in correctly and that his display settings are all correct (which he did confirm) this is what happened:

- He tried installing the install disc in the console, like the directions said.
- It was installed.
- Whenever a disc is put into the HD DVD drive it will say "reading" for 10-15 seconds then just give up.
- He also tried installing the disc in the HD DVD drive because we couldn't think of anything else.
- regular DVDs also do not work.

So I am thinking somehow the HD DVD drive did not get installed properly or the unit is defective.

Any tips/advice as to what is wrong and how to fix it?
Old 11-15-2007, 08:58 AM

Do you have the console connected to the internet?

There is more recent HD DVD updates than are on the CD that comes with it that he will need to install.

Does the DVDs work in the regular DVD drive?
Old 11-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Formerly metsfan1545d

Based on all the info u provided seems like a defective unit exchange it at the place of purchase and see if you have the same problem
Old 11-15-2007, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzparentl View Post
Do you have the console connected to the internet?

There is more recent HD DVD updates than are on the CD that comes with it that he will need to install....
That's correct. There are also firmware-updates for this drive. So it could maybe help...
Old 11-16-2007, 01:15 AM

hmmm, I did think of this too, but if I recall you don't get the update until you put in a disc and it starts playing. If there is a way to get the update without it reading a disc I would try that.