CC and Best Buy advertising HD DVD..finally. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-28-2007, 05:20 PM

Talking CC and Best Buy advertising HD DVD..finally.

Finally, best buy and circuit city are pushing HD-DVD in their Sunday ads! The last few weeks ive seen NOTHING but Blu-ray and not a single bit of HD-DVD, not a movie or players. Well today they've got a deal, buy HD-DVD player and toshiba HDTV and get 200 dollars off instantly. They had a movies advertised and for once, NO blu-ray! I started getting worried, on top of all thats gone on with Blu-rays new install base (stupid PS3s)...I know this doesnt change much, but they also said store displays will start going up soon. I'm really hoping things look up, I really dont like Blu-ray and I wont buy one of their expensive players.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:58 PM

Last week I actully heard on the radio a CC ad advertising the new A2s and their selection of movies...I almost crashed my car.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:47 PM

Yeah, I always look at our CC ads when we get them in the store on Thurs or Friday every week to compare the adverstisements of Blu-ray and HD DVD.

Week after week after week its nothing but Blu-ray. About 2 weeks so far TOTAL there's actually been mention of HD DVD.

But this week? Imagine my surprise when I see the HDA2 advertised and NO MENTION OF BLU-RAY ANYWHERE!!

And on top of THAT, this week we have $50 off of the HDA2, which means for $450 you can get the new HDA2 and 3 FREE HD DVDs with Toshiba's offer.

And is everyone paying attention to what week it is? That's right! This is the last week before the Super Bowl, which always makes it a very big week for HDTVs. Why not pick up that HD movie player that's advertised while you're out for the HDTV?
Old 01-29-2007, 03:59 PM

I was surprised too when I was looking through the new Best Buy ad on Saturday.

That must explain why I saw pigs flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaly View Post
And is everyone paying attention to what week it is? That's right! This is the last week before the Super Bowl, which always makes it a very big week for HDTVs. Why not pick up that HD movie player that's advertised while you're out for the HDTV?
Yeah, good point. A lot of big screen TV's are sold the week of the Superbowl. Perfect time for add-on sales.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:44 PM

And a lot are returned the week after the Super Bowl haha. So that's a good week to buy them as well.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:15 PM

Sony's bribe funds must have run out
Old 01-29-2007, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRescue View Post
And a lot are returned the week after the Super Bowl haha. So that's a good week to buy them as well.
I know this is true and it's completely one of the gayest things ever. It was such an ordeal (a fun one, no doubt) to get my HD TV, etc. set up and to return it? Lame.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:13 PM

I agree. If you've got the money to drop on it in the first place just keep it.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:00 PM

I used to be anti-BB. But with the town I am in know (for college reasons) and the new BB that opened here, my opinion is changed. Even though the national ads have taken it's time to advertise HD, the local BB is all about it. They have there Blue-ray player hooked up to the "Main Set-up" upconverting a DVD!! The HD player is playing King Kong most of the time. And the sales associates are sold on HD (which I think makes the biggest difference). Even though I won't buy HD DVD, DVD, or CDs because they are overpriced, I am glad that most the employees took it in there own hands to see what was truly better and let the customer know they can get the same (sometimes better) for less. This BB gets a gold star (one of the few BBs)!!
Old 01-29-2007, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
I was surprised too when I was looking through the new Best Buy ad on Saturday.

That must explain why I saw pigs flying.

Yeah, good point. A lot of big screen TV's are sold the week of the Superbowl. Perfect time for add-on sales.
Add-on sales for an HD DVD player for $299!!...already??... ...