A3 Audio Distortion Problem - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-08-2007, 12:52 AM
beyondmediaonline.com's Avatar
Formerly candymangt
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,817
Default A3 Audio Distortion Problem

I have an A2 and never had this issue, but so far I have watched 2 movies on the A3 that it did this. I have the HDMI running into my receiver for audio and video. For no apparent reason it did this to me yesterday on 1 movie where the audio was fine and then it started to garble up the voices. I stopped the player and restarted it and it was fine. Then, it does this to me today again on another movie at the end of the movie.

Is this a firmware problem or the player itself?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-08-2007, 09:48 AM
RoadLizard's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymangt View Post
I have an A2 and never had this issue, but so far I have watched 2 movies on the A3 that it did this. I have the HDMI running into my receiver for audio and video. For no apparent reason it did this to me yesterday on 1 movie where the audio was fine and then it started to garble up the voices. I stopped the player and restarted it and it was fine. Then, it does this to me today again on another movie at the end of the movie.

Is this a firmware problem or the player itself?
Hmmm.. I doubt its firmware but you should make sure you do have the latest version anyways. make sure the HDMI cables are snug at their connection points, just for giggles.

Otherwise, try a few more discs and see if it keeps happening. If it does, I would say the player has an issue. If possible, try another player in its place just to rule out anything else in the chain.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-08-2007, 03:34 PM
beyondmediaonline.com's Avatar
Formerly candymangt
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLizard View Post
Hmmm.. I doubt its firmware but you should make sure you do have the latest version anyways. make sure the HDMI cables are snug at their connection points, just for giggles.

Otherwise, try a few more discs and see if it keeps happening. If it does, I would say the player has an issue. If possible, try another player in its place just to rule out anything else in the chain.
I had the A2 in it's spot before I moved it upstairs, I never had a problem with the A2. I updated the firmware late last night to 1.1, so I'll test it out tonight to see if there are any other issues + double check the connections. If it persists, back to Best Buy for another one.

Have people reported any issues with the A3?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-08-2007, 03:47 PM
RoadLizard's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymangt View Post
I had the A2 in it's spot before I moved it upstairs, I never had a problem with the A2. I updated the firmware late last night to 1.1, so I'll test it out tonight to see if there are any other issues + double check the connections. If it persists, back to Best Buy for another one.

Have people reported any issues with the A3?
Yeah, check it out and go from there. As for A3 problems, there will always be little quirks from time to time with new products but for the most part they have been pretty good units from what Ive read/heard.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-08-2007, 03:51 PM
beyondmediaonline.com's Avatar
Formerly candymangt
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLizard View Post
Yeah, check it out and go from there. As for A3 problems, there will always be little quirks from time to time with new products but for the most part they have been pretty good units from what Ive read/heard.
Thanks Lizard, I'm going to throw 2 movies at it tonight and reconnect all cables to the player just incase. If there is a problem, back it goes tomorrow to BB for another one. The A2 gave me only one problem in the 8 months that I've had it, too bad I couldn't find another A2 at such a low price. LOL! I bought the A3 for the $199 w/3 instore, 2 inbox, and 5 freebies from Toshiba so this equals getting an A2 just in free movies.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-08-2007, 05:39 PM
RoadLizard's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymangt View Post
Thanks Lizard, I'm going to throw 2 movies at it tonight and reconnect all cables to the player just incase. If there is a problem, back it goes tomorrow to BB for another one. The A2 gave me only one problem in the 8 months that I've had it, too bad I couldn't find another A2 at such a low price. LOL! I bought the A3 for the $199 w/3 instore, 2 inbox, and 5 freebies from Toshiba so this equals getting an A2 just in free movies.
No prob.. by all means return it if there any issues. Hope it all works out!

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-08-2007, 09:25 PM
beyondmediaonline.com's Avatar
Formerly candymangt
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLizard View Post
No prob.. by all means return it if there any issues. Hope it all works out!

So far, we watched the SD-DVD of Ratatouille and it ran without any problems. I'm going to throw an HD-DVD at it in a bit, I wonder and hope that it was the firmware.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-09-2007, 11:04 AM
beyondmediaonline.com's Avatar
Formerly candymangt
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,817
Default

Lizard, we watched Seed of Chucky last night and no audio issues. I'm going to throw a few more movies at it tonight, but the firmware may have fixed my problem.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-09-2007, 12:08 PM
RoadLizard's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymangt View Post
Lizard, we watched Seed of Chucky last night and no audio issues. I'm going to throw a few more movies at it tonight, but the firmware may have fixed my problem.
Good deal bro.... Hope yer all set!

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-09-2007, 01:09 PM
beyondmediaonline.com's Avatar
Formerly candymangt
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLizard View Post
Good deal bro.... Hope yer all set!

Thanks man, I hope so too.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
problem with distortion/tired of returning tvs 2986 Home Theater Gear 5 07-09-2009 12:20 PM
horizontal distortion 2986 Game Room 1 07-09-2009 09:59 AM
Colour distortion on HD-A2 bootylicious_krissy HD DVD Hardware General Discussion 3 06-09-2008 09:53 PM
Different DVI cable causing PS3 distortion? sahoward Blu-ray Hardware General Discussion 2 01-29-2008 12:20 AM
Monopolies and Inefficiency and Market Distortion Dukhat High Definition Smackdown 23 08-22-2007 07:40 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off